SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

4 hours ago, Davlun said:

Loved Scotty Dub. Remember the Friday night home game against Gophers. The place was electric.  Scotty and Lou Nannes kid went at it not to far into the game. They said Nannes plane was late and when he got to his seat. His kid was already there. Great memories. 

Would that have been Marty Nanne?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking for the 2005 Frozen Four semifinal against Minnesota.  I believe Travis Zajac and Erik Fabian each scored twice to lead UND into the title game.  Have looked on YouTube and never seen even a snippet of that game.  Anybody find an old vhs laying around with that on it, please let me know.

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Looking for the 2005 Frozen Four semifinal against Minnesota.  I believe Travis Zajac and Erik Fabian each scored twice to lead UND into the title game.  Have looked on YouTube and never seen even a snippet of that game.  Anybody find an old vhs laying around with that on it, please let me know.

What a great day....goof fans shooting their mouth off at breakfast.....checking out of the hotel after the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

What a great day....goof fans shooting their mouth off at breakfast.....checking out of the hotel after the game.

I believe I still have that on DVD. PM me your address and I'll send them (it's 2 DVDs)to you and you can just send them back when you're done. No hurry.

A few years back DU(?) had a goalie that liked to pile crease snow by the outsides of the pipes so if a shot on the ice missed short it would be deadened by all the snow instead of kicking back out hard.

I think it was Skarp that had enough and came through during a whistle as a "plow driver" and his stick blade was the plow blade. Behind the goal line the piles went. 

Minor melee followed. ;) 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, iluvdebbies said:

That was great! I had to work the week leading up to that in the Twin Cities so I ended up on the Charter flight with about 75% Gopher fans which also meant we were at the same hotel and used same ground transport. They were pretty quiet and it was enjoyable going to our pregame event for the Denver game and if they wanted a ride they had to go with.

I remember Spirko walking their D in the 3rd place game at the X and Minnesota downplaying the game as unimportant which led to Andy Schneider's comment about every game meaning something when he pulled on a UND jersey.

We went East for the NCAA Tournament and collected our very own Beanpot Title! We took penalty after penalty and it didn't matter. Every failed power play just demoralized them more and more.

Playing the Gophs in the All WCHA Semifinal game was the first time I saw a team just quit in a game of that magnitude. We got the lead and we would dump the puck in and starting towards the end of the 2nd period the Gopher Defenseman would just coast in to retrieve the puck and try and win a stick battle instead of getting to the puck first as they just did not want to get hit anymore.

If we had today's replay standards we probably win the National Title as Fabian clearly scored to give us the lead in the 2nd period and while that wasn't our best team, it was a team that simply did not lose when they had the lead as they could just completely shut a game down. The picture of Mannino with the puck obviously in his glove and his whole arm from the shoulder on down behind the crossbar still upsets me.

• Upvote 2