SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

I can guarantee you, 100%, that Schlossman didn't tweet negatively about the Obama administration for the entire 8 year period.  Same with McFeely.  Now they can't stop, hell McFeely tweets negative sh*t about Trump about 3-4 times per day on average.

That should tell you about how much they truly care about our country and the issues going on.  Selective.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He is a democrat writer/columnist.  Just like the other 95% of columnists around the country.  

What he fails to address is what is the death/capita when compared to the age/capita of that state and then what age group is dying? 

Does ND have more elderly per capita than other states?

He's in the boat of "cases" are bad.  99.946% of all of Cass County are fine....non-active cases. LTC facilities and the vulnerable are the issue. As Sic says...."virus gonna virus" and "picking off low lying fruit". Not callous but true.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I can guarantee you, 100%, that Schlossman didn't tweet negatively about the Obama administration for the entire 8 year period.  Same with McFeely.  Now they can't stop, hell McFeely tweets negative sh*t about Trump about 3-4 times per day on average.

That should tell you about how much they truly care about our country and the issues going on.  Selective.  

TDS is real

What he fails to address is what is the death/capita when compared to the age/capita of that state and then what age group is dying? 

Does ND have more elderly per capita than other states?

The folks that are most touting the "Science!" line seem to not understand the fundamental of most science, namely math. 

My suggested reading for them: Innumeracy by Paulos 

Paulos speaks mainly of the common misconceptions in regard to numbers. He looks at real-world examples in stock scams, psychics, astrology, sports records, elections, sex discrimination, UFOs, insurance and law, lotteries and drug testing.[1] Paulos discusses innumeracy with quirky anecdotes, scenarios and facts, encouraging readers in the end to look at their world in a more quantitative way. The book sheds light on the link between innumeracy and pseudoscience. For example, the fortune telling psychic's few correct and general observations are remembered over the many incorrect guesses. He also stresses the problem between the actual number of occurrences of various risks and popular perceptions of those risks happening.[1] The problems of innumeracy come at a great cost to society.[5] Topics include probability and coincidence, innumeracy in pseudoscience, statistics and trade-offs in society. For example, the danger of getting killed in a car accident is much greater than terrorism and this danger should be reflected in how we allocate our limited resources.

• Upvote 1

McFooly is a liberal Strib wanna be hack. He's click bait for the online users.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

It's comical.  I seem to remember making it through 8 years of Obama not always agreeing with him but with little noticeable effect on my day to day life.  If Trump loses I anticipate the same occuring again.  However, the lunatic left has been absolutely unhinged and obsessed with Trump for the last 4 years.  The entertainment value has been priceless.  Whether I get 4 more years of that or not means less now that 2, soon to be 3, sane SCOTUS were appointed during this term.  Should keep things from getting too far out of whack the next 10 years or so.

10 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Make the pledge, cultists.

FB_IMG_1602646801296.jpg

Dear Leader and cult members have a pledge.

They stand with the their salute, right hand held out with middle finger extended and repeat there PLEDGE.

Upon my honor I will do my best

To help myself

And screw the rest

18 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see shclossman is posting a lot of political stuff  and Covid on this site in his tweets

i don’t mind if he posts as a person on a political site but as a sports writer I don’t care what he thinks about those subjects On this site

i don’t care what politicians or Drs. Think about sports either

he is getting to be too much like the NBA and fans aren’t watching the NBA much anymore

I like his coverage of hockey 

You mean you don't want LeBron's opinion on matters he literally has no clue about like China and the actual statistics of those killed by police?  

Racist.  

Friend of mine has a kid in one of the larger ND high schools.  Teacher showed a photo of Doug Burgum to the class.  His kid who's not overly into current events was the only one in the class that could identify him as the ND governor.  And we wonder why the concept of who needs to worry about Covid and who doesn't is so elusive to some.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You mean you don't want LeBron's opinion on matters he literally has no clue about like China and the actual statistics of those killed by police?  

Racist.  

Flashing a gang sign helps make his opinion known as well.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Racist.  

Yep, that is the narrative.  However with the way the NBA took it in the shorts on ratings except them to back off the agenda some before next season.  The NFL is doing okay because they gave you a heavy dose of it on the front end but have made it more subtle once the games started.  The NBA is starting to find out that all of the BLM branding on the court and jerseys made their league look like the second coming of the AND1 league.  

At the end of the day, it's not the inner city gangbangers that financially support the NBA.  

56 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Either way Joe will get the job done at the town hall.
Be our next President, bringing respect back to the office.

Joe Biden won't bring respect back lol. Maybe if he was 20-30 years younger. He will probably be the next President but dude is an old senile guy who forgets what office he is running for every other week.

Here's my issue with Schloss, McFeely, Jim Shaw and all the others like them...…..they parrot the mask issue/needing a mandate and mask effectiveness but even if 100% of the population in the area/region wore a mask all the time I guarantee they would all still be opposed to students back in school 5 days a week and the Fargodome or Ralph being over 50% full of fans.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Here's my issue with Schloss, McFeely, Jim Shaw and all the others like them...…..they parrot the mask issue/needing a mandate and mask effectiveness but even if 100% of the population in the area/region wore a mask all the time I guarantee they would all still be opposed to students back in school 5 days a week and the Fargodome or Ralph being over 50% full of fans.

The only way to truly eradicate COVID-19 from the USA is implementing a total lockdown of our society, stopping ACB from being confirmed to the Supreme Court, and enacting a Green New Deal.  

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Have we heard even one person on the left talk about a plan to get out of the Covid-19 mess? A timeline, a metric that would be used to get back to life?

In Minnesota, school districts were told that case numbers would be guidance, not rule of law, but when a school district recently went outside of that guidance they were threatened with defunding and possible fines and jailtime for the school board. Minnesota is no longer a free society. I pay for a school my kids can't attend, I watch my friends go bankrupt and/or struggle to keep a business afloat while taking zero income from that business and nobody on the left seems to care a bit. They'd rather attack Trump and call me a cult member for wanting my son to get the education I pay for and wanting people who risked it all to have success in life be successful.

This virus CANNOT BE STOPPED, how many countries do we need as examples before people are going to wake up to this fact. They are too busy trying to win an argument to see what's going on all around them. It's maddening.

Just wear a mask and STFU. :wink:

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The only way to truly eradicate COVID-19 from the USA is implementing a total lockdown of our society, stopping ACB from being confirmed to the Supreme Court, and enacting a Green New Deal.  

You forgot removing the name of any school that is named after Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson or Wilson.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Joe Biden won't bring respect back lol. Maybe if he was 20-30 years younger. He will probably be the next President but dude is an old senile guy who forgets what office he is running for every other week.

Either way, President Pussy Grabber will have to stand back and stand by for the next Attorney General.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

They slowly stop reporting the numbers everyday.  

They benefit from Trump turning to the private sector and securing vaccines that will likely be ready in January and by some accounts have enough availability for those that want it by June.  Should be getting much more media coverage than it is by those that feel a vaccine is important.  Old school govt would have never moved this fast. 

People will be ready to move on from it so when democratic governors start opening things back up, no one will question what changed.  

Spot on. The hypocrisy and contradiction will be obvious, but never widely reported.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

... under the Harris Administration with Joe Biden ...