SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Serious question: are you upset that the president has gotten treatment that has improved his condition and is on track to be discharged today? What point are you trying to make by questioning his treatment and actions?

Not upset at all. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Is he on track to be discharged today?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

It can suppress the immune system's activity, preventing your immune system from fighting off the virus if given too early.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/04/trump-receiving-dexamethasone-steroid-usually-given-patients-with-severe-covid19/

Weiss said that Trump’s medical team had “an impossible job,” but that “you can’t say he’s fine and he’s going home tomorrow and by the way he’s getting dexamethasone, which was shown in [a clinical trial] to be helpful in only the sickest patients.”

Now look up the risks of prednisone. Dexamethasone isn't some super secret, last ditch effort medication. It's prescribed every single day in our country for people with a wide variety of symptoms. He has some of the best doctors in the country looking after his every move, I trust their judgement.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It can suppress the immune system's activity, preventing your immune system from fighting off the virus if given too early.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/04/trump-receiving-dexamethasone-steroid-usually-given-patients-with-severe-covid19/

Weiss said that Trump’s medical team had “an impossible job,” but that “you can’t say he’s fine and he’s going home tomorrow and by the way he’s getting dexamethasone, which was shown in [a clinical trial] to be helpful in only the sickest patients.”

So a cardiologist from UC San Francisco that has never had any medical involvement with Trump is the person you cited?  Once again, you do realize that as President you have some of the top doctors in the world at your disposal to treat you?  Weiss apparently didn't make the team.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Not upset at all. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Is he on track to be discharged today?

That decision is pending and will be made later today. The fact that they are even considering it should be incredible news for everyone that he is doing great. Yet, half of our country wants to continue to believe(Hopes) he is going to take a massive turn in the wrong direction because that would justify all of the lockdowns.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Now look up the risks of prednisone. Dexamethasone isn't some super secret, last ditch effort medication. It's prescribed every single day in our country for people with a wide variety of symptoms. He has some of the best doctors in the country looking after his every move, I trust their judgement.

2.5-3M on some type of oral steroid yearly in this country.

33 minutes ago, Kab said:

Hopefully this thread is shut down after the election or better yet the day before

there must be some sites that anyone can post on besides this one for politics 

Amen, it won't be though. It's become such great click bait that it has to be driving some revenue for the site. Sad. But, hey, that's capitialism and I can't argue with that. :D

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

So a cardiologist from UC San Francisco that has never had any medical involvement with Trump is the person you cited?  Once again, you do realize that as President you have some of the top doctors in the world at your disposal to treat you?  Weiss apparently didn't make the team.  

I don't doubt that he has some of the world's top doctors. I do doubt the message they are portraying based on the treatments he's received and the answers they've refused to answer.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

I don't doubt that he has some of the world's top doctors. I do doubt the message they are portraying based on the treatments he's received and the answers they've refused to answer.

Sure they aren't gonna tell you every single minute detail about his treatment, but when you step back and examine what has been made public it's actually quite a bit.  How much more do you need?  Do you want them to say that instead of one hour on supplemental oxygen he was actually on it for two hours ....so you and your friends can justify cleaning out the toilet paper aisle at Walmart again?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

This is where I can't get on board with the way people treat Trump as compared to other presidents. The POTUS is the most powerful person in the world. His health is a matter of national security and in many cases a matter that has massive international consequences. We are on a need to know basis as the public and I'm perfectly fine with that.

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

And regardless of the motive, unless you think his team pulled off a RBG Weekend at Bernie's like stunt and made a near dead person look alive for a photo op, the fact that he was riding around in a car over the weekend without tubes coming out everywhere is a sign that things aren't as dire as some would like to believe. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is where I can't get on board with the way people treat Trump as compared to other presidents. The POTUS is the most powerful person in the world. His health is a matter of national security and in many cases a matter that has massive international consequences. We are on a need to know basis as the public and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Fair enough on the international consequences. So why even release that he's gotten dexamethasone? The mixed message is what has everyone going.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Fair enough on the international consequences. So why even release that he's gotten dexamethasone? The mixed message is what has everyone going.

Because if they don't come out with it and supersleuths on the left find out then it's a huge scandal.

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

FDR (polio) couldn't walk. The media kept that quiet. 

What is the standard? 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What theories have I seen this weekend:

- he's faking for pity
- he's really really ill (see: movie "Dave")
- the guy in the SUV was double
- he's actually negotiating another peace treaty

- he's pretending to have Covid so he doesn't have to debate "Here's the deal" Joe (Joy Reid)

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

- he's pretending to have Covid so he doesn't have to debate "Here's the deal" Joe (Joy Reid)

Where are you guys seeing all of these theories, because I must say this is the only place I've seen them. And they are only being posted by Trump supporters.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Where are you guys seeing all of these theories, because I must say this is the only place I've seen them. And they are only being posted by Trump supporters.

Better call midco/quest because someone severed the DSL line going to your bunker if you haven't seen the "if he recovers too quickly it must have been a hoax" theories that are out there. 

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

The standard is to project an image of strength, and/or craft a message that’s in the President's best interest.  It's been the standard since forever.  WH doctors aren’t, nor have they ever been immune to playing (or being forced to play) the PR game.   We recently witnessed the same in Britain with Boris Johnson.

But, unlike in the past, it's more difficult to do in today's world.  This leads to mixed messaging and non-answers, which opens the door for stupid conspiracy theories. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The standard is to project an image of strength, and/or craft a message that’s in the President's best interest.  It's been the standard since forever.  WH doctors aren’t, nor have they ever been immune to playing (or being forced to play) the PR game.   We recently witnessed the same in Britain with Boris Johnson.

But, unlike in the past, it's more difficult to do in today's world.  This leads to mixed messaging and non-answers, which opens the door for stupid conspiracy theories. 

Agree. Thats a fair assessment.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Hopefully this thread is shut down after the election or better yet the day before

there must be some sites that anyone can post on besides this one for politics 

Or you don’t have to read it. No one is forcing you to read this thread.