SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Yeah Klieman has a lot of holes to fill, he needs time to get his players recruited.  You should be used to puff pieces with Tommy boy!

not according to the media puff pieces.  Kleiman is the best coach in America,  by quote

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I think this is pretty fair. Playing this Fall had huge upside for the program, potential "shot in the arm" type of situation that it really needs. I don't think they would have won, but if they were competitive (on the better than people expected side of the outcome), $, practices, and maybe most importantly of all, for the players / fans the attitude of we want to play (i.e. really want Football to be successful). I'll go one step further, with the K-State game on the schedule you look for other opportunities. While almost every other FCS school is being complacent, there was ground that could have been made. 

Tough to get ready for a game when half your team can't practice, including large portions of individual position groups. UND maybe would have had a chance if they would have taken the lackadaisical approach other programs have been using to keep players on the field but they followed the guidelines laid out and it made it almost impossible.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Tough to get ready for a game when half your team can't practice, including large portions of individual position groups. UND maybe would have had a chance if they would have taken the lackadaisical approach other programs have been using to keep players on the field but they followed the guidelines laid out and it made it almost impossible.

It comes down to there's a fair amount of teams that are playing this Fall, far from impossible (fully realizing your lackadaisical approach comment). I don't think UND's situation was/is unique. 

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

It comes down to there's a fair amount of teams that are playing this Fall, far from impossible (fully realizing your lackadaisical approach comment). I don't think UND's situation was/is unique. 

jdub can't make up enough excuses.  Then he goes on about how every other team must be breaking the rules. LOL

5 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

jdub can't make up enough excuses.  Then he goes on about how every other team must be breaking the rules. LOL

Numbnuts, NDSU is playing one meaningless game.  

90% of the FCS is playing ZERO games.  It's pointless, kind of like how the top Ohio State players are opting out now that they know the Big Ten might actually play.  ITS POINTLESS

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Numbnuts, NDSU is playing one meaningless game.  

90% of the FCS is playing ZERO games.  It's pointless, kind of like how the top Ohio State players are opting out now that they know the Big Ten might actually play.  ITS POINTLESS

This attitude is why your FB team is average at best and why hawk fans are okay with it.

With crack reporting like this, what's not to trust about COVID reporting, or reporting in general: 

Kansas and Montana both hit record highs for new deaths.

Well goodness, imagine if they'd hit a record for old deaths.

Or if total deaths went ... down. :0

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/13/coronavirus-cases-are-growing-in-11-us-states.html

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Something like that.........

When have we ever in the past told individuals who aren't sick to lock themselves in their basement for 2 weeks because they came in contact with someone that was "postive" but isn't sick either and we are afraid the contact individuals "might" become "positive"?

with a .0025 chance of dying...so many sheep out there...whatever big brother says I do...no matter what...

• Upvote 1

Allow me to say it again:

Here are COVID-19 deaths per 100k of population, by state; the worst state is New Jersey at 180 per 100k. 

Here is infant mortality (5.7) per 1000 live births. <-- That is 570 deaths per 100k live births. 

Being born is still 3x more deadly than COVID in New Jersey. (<-- There has to be a great New Jersey joke in there.) 

Tell me which one is the greater "pandemic". 

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me to say it again:

Here are COVID-19 deaths per 100k of population, by state; the worst state is New Jersey at 180 per 100k. 

Here is infant mortality (5.7) per 1000 live births. <-- That is 570 deaths per 100k live births. 

Being born is still 3x more deadly than COVID in New Jersey. (<-- There has to be a great New Jersey joke in there.) 

Tell me which one is the greater "pandemic". 

Interesting how one can add multiple causes of death together to compare it to one single virus. 

The crazy starts with Twitler and gang...   They seem to even go further than the cult qat times.. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/us/caputo-virus.html?fbclid=IwAR0mohZmAsLVdmIFtAiIeK9ow44oAOaODtT_zBLFyv5BSh-0YLiOpqKHAAw

Trump Health Aide Alleges Broad Conspiracies and Warns of Armed Revolt

Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary of health for public affairs, told a Facebook audience without evidence that left-wing hit squads were being trained for insurrection, and he accused C.D.C. scientists of “sedition.”

28 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Interesting how one can add multiple causes of death together to compare it to one single virus. 

Multiple causes of death or not, It doesn’t doesn’t change the fact that being born is more risky than Covid.

Its time to move on from this, it’s been time for months. The math simply does not support continued business and school closures/changes.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I’m more outraged McFeely only knows how to write puff pieces on Klieman and when it comes to this embarrassing loss it is nothing but silence from the Fargo media. Butt kissers showing their true colors!

In today's bouquet of verbal nausea  McFooly blames the football season issues at every level on..........Trump.