SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Really sloppy uninspired performance from the guys tonight. Just seemed like they couldn't get anything clicking. Constantly missing passes, losing the puck, overskating it, just sloppy. Omaha was really physical. Michaud took a ton of solid hits, some legal and some not. Poolman took the hard fall and Kawaguchi never returned as well. Not sure how many healthy scratches we brought to Omaha but I wouldn't be surprised to see them all in the lineup tomorrow.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Really sloppy uninspired performance from the guys tonight. Just seemed like they couldn't get anything clicking. Constantly missing passes, losing the puck, overskating it, just sloppy. Omaha was really physical. Michaud took a ton of solid hits, some legal and some not. Poolman took the hard fall and Kawaguchi never returned as well. Not sure how many healthy scratches we brought to Omaha but I wouldn't be surprised to see them all in the lineup tomorrow.

Frisch left the game also. I’m pretty sure Tychonick and Casey Johnson are the extras. 

7 minutes ago, willythekid said:

If North Dakota chokes and has to share the Penrose, Duluth can keep it in my opinion...

Yep, agreed. Duluth would certainly deserve it. I mean they’ve kept themselves within distance while UND struggled at SUCS and now at Omaha.

The coaches have some tough decisions ahead.  Do you play guys that are dinged up against an Omaha team that's looking to put you through the boards?  

I don't think Gooch plays tomorrow.  Poolman wasn't the same after that dangerous play that Mav twitter guy is a little slow getting up online.

The only for sure is that Thome is in the net. 

12 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

he shouldn't have switched in the first place

Thome has been solid overall in each game he’s played so far. Berry should have let Thome start until he had a bad game like Scheel. He has been just as good as Scheel if not better.

Just now, Irish said:

Seems like we have had some trouble scoring since Christmas - anyone else think so?

Ohh yeah.  Played some heavy teams, but the goal scoring the past few weeks hasn't been there.  

Jordan's injury is really hurting our team.  We had a really good 1-2 punch with his line then the Pinto line.