SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching staff

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I'm thinking you meant Kostich? I know Schmidt has had some bad games and inconsistent at times but he is not the reason this team is bad. His defense has bailed this team out multiple times in the past 6 years. He really shouldn't be in the same conversation with Baukel, Kostich , and Rudy. 

His defense has also been the cause of multiple losses in the past 6 years.  The defense has been just as frustrating at times as has the offense and special teams........ 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

His defense has also been the cause of multiple losses in the past 6 years.  The defense has been just as frustrating at times as has the offense and special teams........ 

Five straight road games giving up 30+.

Just saying.......

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just saying.......

If you have a problem with Coach Schmidt, I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss things with you at his office at Memorial. Oh right, you'd have to give up anonymity and actually face the person you're blasting. Not your style is it?

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Quoting for truth.     It can't be said enough, Bubba simply can't recruit.   I'm not sure anyone on this staff can recruit for that matter.

Not sure where the '14s fall in, some may be Muss, some may be Bubba. But after '14, its all the current staff. Uh oh, a couple All-Americans in there. But why mess up a good post with facts?

QB Keaton Studsrud

TE Luke Fiedler

OL/DL Austin Cieslak

DE Brandon Dranka

DE Drew Greely

LB Dylan Bakker

CB Deion Harris

PK Reid Tauberheim

WR Luke Stanley

RB Brady Oliviera

WR John Santiago

OG Patric Rooney

OT Bryce Blair

DL Steve Greer

OLB Mason Bennett

OLB Jade Lawrence

S Zach Arnell

S Jawon Johnson

WR Travis Toivonen

WR Noah Wanzek

TE Alex Cloyd

OC Nathan Nguon,

OG Ryan Tobin

LB Jaxson Turner, 

S Jordan Canady

CB Evan Holm

4 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

If you have a problem with Coach Schmidt, I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss things with you at his office at Memorial. Oh right, you'd have to give up anonymity and actually face the person you're blasting. Not your style is it?

Not sure how pointing out a statistical fact is blasting anyone.

Just stating a fact Tom Miller wrote.

Anonymity......you cracked the code: I'm Tom Miller. Congrats.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not sure how pointing out a statistical fact is blasting anyone.

Just stating a fact Tom Miller wrote.

Anonymity......you cracked the code: I'm Tom Miller. Congrats.

No you are not Tom Miller. You've said there are "lots of people" who know who you are on here. So then you don't mind if I take your mask off?

2 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

No you are not Tom Miller. You've said there are "lots of people" who know who you are on here. So then you don't mind if I take your mask off?

Your obsession with me is really kind of creepy. 

Speaking of masks......in the last episode of the Masked Singer the Skeleton was Paul Shaffer. Who knew???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Your obsession with me is really kind of creepy. 

No obsession. Trust me. Its just that you are not fit to assess Eric Schmidt in anything, let alone football. Stick to what you know. Then crawl behind your little Aaron Rodgers moniker. I'm sure you have the day off from school like all the other middle schoolers. Here come the mods: don't attack the posters even when they are full of sh*&

14 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

99% of the fun on this board is hiding behind your moniker and or photo.  I recall about 10 years ago, some folks mouthing off at a then-frequent hockey poster and telling this particular person that they didn't have a clue what they were talking about as it related to hockey.  Not long after that, I was introduced to this person and our group had a good chuckle about that commentary.  The poster was none other than TJ Oshie's dad.  And, no, even though he hasn't posted here in a long time and likely never will again, I won't be taking his mask off.  

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

99% of the fun on this board is hiding behind your moniker and or photo.  I recall about 10 years ago, some folks mouthing off at a then-frequent hockey poster and telling this particular person that they didn't have a clue what they were talking about as it related to hockey.  Not long after that, I was introduced to this person and our group had a good chuckle about that commentary.  The poster was none other than TJ Oshie's dad.  And, no, even though he hasn't posted here in a long time and likely never will again, I won't be taking his mask off.  

You have a strange definition of "fun." I guess disparaging players and coaches without any personal responsibility is fun for you. Interesting. But, I guess that's what we can expect from middle school kids. Wait, what? These are adults? You're kidding. Right?

5 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

You have a strange definition of "fun." I guess disparaging players and coaches without any personal responsibility is fun for you. Interesting. But, I guess that's what we can expect from middle school kids. Wait, what? These are adults? You're kidding. Right?

Why isn't your username your first and last name?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stockdamhockey said:

No obsession. Trust me. Its just that you are not fit to assess Eric Schmidt in anything, let alone football. Stick to what you know. Then crawl behind your little Aaron Rodgers moniker. I'm sure you have the day off from school like all the other middle schoolers. Here come the mods: don't attack the posters even when they are full of sh*&

Who among us is "fit" to assess any coach?

But it's done all the time here. 

As for Schmidt, did you see the stats listed early in this post? Is it really just players' fault the D can't stop the opposition on 3rd down or is it more than that?

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just saying.......

If the coaches placed the defense in all the right alignments on every defensive play, would the results be any better?  Is the problem coaching not calling the right defensive alignments every play?  Or is it player execution?

10 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well I support coaches but admin needs to step up with $$$. How can anyone recruit with some other school offering more $$?

Hmmmm, Admin?  I think the Alumni Assn need to build the sports programs, not the Admin.  The Admin should be responsible for putting the best coaches available into team leadership position and paying them, but the Alumni ought to be building the means to attract talent.  If the alumni don't care about the on field products, why should the Admin pour money into team athletics.  Bison on have one personality - football.  This school has a split personality - hockey and football which compete for Admin and alumni attention and $$$. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, oldage said:

Hmmmm, Admin?  I think the Alumni Assn need to build the sports programs, not the Admin.  The Admin should be responsible for putting the best coaches available into team leadership position and paying them, but the Alumni ought to be building the means to attract talent.  If the alumni don't care about the on field products, why should the Admin pour money into team athletics.  Bison on have one personality - football.  This school has a split personality - hockey and football which compete for Admin and alumni attention and $$$. 

Needs to be combination of UND administration, the UND Alumni Assn, the local media and  UND alumni and fans. All entities need to recognize the value of intercollegiate athletics to the University, community and region. If this is a priority, a team approach can make a big difference in solving any issues quickly. Easier said than done. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don't get angry or bring emotions into this. Let's focus on just facts/statistics. 

As @bincitysioux stated in a very well done previous post, UND is currently allowing 54% conversion rate on third and long (7 + yards).

As @Oxbow6 stated, UND has given up 30+ points over the past 5 road games. 

You interpret that information as you wish, but let's not pretend someone is being personally criticized here. This is strictly ability or lack of ability to recruit and coach productive defense. 

And your credentials,  other than being king of this sh&$show?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh. That's right. It's a fan forum.  All you need is a moniker, and a password and you are a football expert.  My bad. That's the "fun" of sites like this. How stupid of me. Why stop at football. Next up, fightingsioux4life on the perils of multi national market diversity in a third world economy.  I will hang up and listen. Bless your hearts.