SiouxSports.com Forum

Game of Thrones: UND Edition.

Frozen4sioux

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is it finally better to work on the farm than it is to own it...if so...america is dead.

Put another way, it pays more to work in the PHARM, than it does to fly over it.   Devil's advocate on Pharm.D. versus Aviation, for example.    

Since @gfhockey seems interested ... 

Here's the accounting of the NDSU drive:
1-7bdb12e5fb.jpg

What catches my eye is the $146M of pledges (not in hand yet) and $143M of revocable deferred commitments. 

That's almost $290M (49%) of money promised, but not yet delivered, of the $586M. 

Is that a normal, usual, ratio for a campaign like this? 

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1-7bdb12e5fb.jpg

What catches my eye is the $146M of pledges (not in hand yet) and $143M of revocable deferred commitments. 

That's almost $290M (49%) of money promised, but not yet delivered, of the $586M. 

Good question would like to see our foundations 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

1-7bdb12e5fb.jpg

Not sure what else to compare it to but UND split there's out a little bit differently.
When looking at revocable/irrevocable, hust under 27% were listed as revocable out of the entire $324 million.

For planned gifts, it gets a little confusing as they break it out by year that it was pledged, so gifts that were pledged early in the campaign could have very well been delivered prior to the campaign ending. However of the $324.1 million, roughly 40% was listed as "planned". 

To clarify that a little more, UND didn't list "irrevocable" and "planned gifts" as separate line items like NDSU did. At minimum, UND had about 60% of their pledges in hand by the end of the campaign (likely more since it was an 8 year campaign) and at minimum, 73% of the pledges were irrevocable.

One clarification for your comment, if I'm reading it right, they did recieve roughly $61 million of the $146 million pledge payments already. So to me, it looks like there is still $85 million of that to collect along with the revocable gifts of $143 million.

Actual balance sheet assets, I'd say no they haven't, but they're close, because of their deferred commitments and outstanding revocable pledges to come in. (As jdub said, they don't have $85M plus $143M actually in hand yet.)

Look at UND AAF actual data (2021 auditor's report) and UND has over $500M in actual assets under management. You can't list pledges or promises on a balance sheet or audit report so the auditor's report is real money (well, as real as any balance sheet is when you're talking investments). You can list money under management that has donor stipulations (because you carry the asset, not a promise). 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Actual balance sheet assets, I'd say no they haven't, but they're close, because of their deferred commitments and outstanding revocable pledges to come in. (As jdub said, they don't have $85M plus $143M actually in hand yet.)

Look at UND AAF actual data (2021 auditor's report) and UND has over $500M in actual assets under management. You can't list pledges or promises on a balance sheet or audit report so the auditor's report is real money (well, as real as any balance sheet is when you're talking investments). You can list money under management that has donor stipulations (because you carry the asset, not a promise). 

What’s ndsu asset under management