SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

GoalieMask

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

My bet is Lawson is headed to SCSU or Duluth.  Every other shift two days in a row against the top two teams in the state in A hockey.  

Best of luck to his little brother and the battle he has ahead. 

Yep- range tends to favor Duluth...I hope the kid does well.  He's got a ton of heart.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Blackheart said:

EP is the underdog, go Eagles!

That’s kinda like claiming the Red Sox are underdogs against the Yankees, isn’t it?  EP as the “cinderella from outta nowhere story” hasn’t existed in a long time.

19 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Lawson played Sioux hockey this weekend.  Throw in that Herb Brooks award.  Bubbs should pay the kid a visit.  

Exactly what I tweeted to Berry. Kid has so much heart. Made the day trip down for the semi's and was so glad that I did. Grew up attending Greenway games when Gino Guyer was the star. Pretty awesome to see them take 2nd, with 10 skaters. After being so close to the program shutting down, it's quite the story.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

That’s kinda like claiming the Red Sox are underdogs against the Yankees, isn’t it?  EP as the “cinderella from outta nowhere story” hasn’t existed in a long time.

Edina was #1 most of the year so anybody playing against them is technically an underdog.  Never said they were the "cinderalla boys" there Carl. :)

th?id=OIP.EJZgi_YdGcJ-CzLb4RAptAAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=221&h=162

• Upvote 1

Haven't checked in here since Thursday, was on the road for a tournament in Wisco.  Loved that Prep45 provided a free stream of the tournament this year so I was able to catch the entire thing, even while in travel status.  Some excellent games, was hoping for something other than an Edina v EP final (was going for Moorhead & Blaine in AA and Greenway & EGF in A) but at least it was a good game that went to OT.  So the Edina boys and Edina girls swept state titles this year.  That entire program from youth to high school is just a machine.  

This time of year always sucks.  The tournament is over, my oldest boy's season ended yesterday, another hockey season in the books, now we head into spring tryouts season.  Ugh, just sucks.  

The South Dakota state tournament will be on Midco this weekend.  I'll probably tune in.

2 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Haven't checked in here since Thursday, was on the road for a tournament in Wisco.  Loved that Prep45 provided a free stream of the tournament this year so I was able to catch the entire thing, even while in travel status.  Some excellent games, was hoping for something other than an Edina v EP final (was going for Moorhead & Blaine in AA and Greenway & EGF in A) but at least it was a good game that went to OT.  So the Edina boys and Edina girls swept state titles this year.  That entire program from youth to high school is just a machine.  

This time of year always sucks.  The tournament is over, my oldest boy's season ended yesterday, another hockey season in the books, now we head into spring tryouts season.  Ugh, just sucks.  

The South Dakota state tournament will be on Midco this weekend.  I'll probably tune in.

I watched the SD final one year, either 09 or 10, and the winning celebrated by going over to and climbing on the glass with their student section and the PA guy was freaking out screaming “GET OFF THE GLASS! GET OFF THE GLASS!” Good times.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I watched the SD final one year, either 09 or 10, and the winning celebrated by going over to and climbing on the glass with their student section and the PA guy was freaking out screaming “GET OFF THE GLASS! GET OFF THE GLASS!” Good times.

I remember that.  I think it was just a couple of years ago as they have only recently started televising the event on Midco.