SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

GoalieMask

9 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You just had to bring that up, didn’t you?

I’m a fan of Moorhead, but sayig that they consistently “get screwed” because they’re an out-of-the-metro team is ridiculous.  The Spuds have had more than enough chances to win a title — often against teams they should have smoked — and have always found a way to fall short.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m a fan of Moorhead

Who isn't!  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

The Spuds have had more than enough chances to win a title — often against teams they should have smoked — and have always found a way to fall short.

2017 is the one that got away against Grand Rapids.  Otherwise they were pretty much the underdog the other 7 trips, including two against the 90's Bloomington Jefferson machine.  

7 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Who isn't!  

2017 is the one that got away against Grand Rapids.  Otherwise they were pretty much the underdog the other 7 trips, including two against the 90's Bloomington Jefferson machine.  

Should have beaten Holy Angels Academy in 2005...

12 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Dude, Holy Angels was ranked 1st in the state that season from November on...

I don’t care about rankings...Moorhead picked the worst possible time to play maybe their worst game of the year that season.

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I don’t care about rankings...Moorhead picked the worst possible time to play maybe their worst game of the year that season.

"often against teams they should have smoked" makes this a candidate for SiouxSports Preposterous Statement Tournament 2019.    

The 90's Moorhead team with Blake, Cullen, Kraft and Arnold should've won one, but they ran into that great Jefferson machine...The Broten, Broten, Erickson Roseau team fell short too...why I love this tourney...the Cloquet team with Langenbrunner, Petrov, Novak and Mrozik was sick too...again the Jefferson machine...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The 90's Moorhead team with Blake, Cullen, Kraft and Arnold should've won one, but they ran into that great Jefferson machine...The Broten, Broten, Erickson Roseau team fell short too...why I love this tourney...the Cloquet team with Langenbrunner, Petrov, Novak and Mrozik was sick too...again the Jefferson machine...

They did a feature on Jefferson between periods earlier in the week.  11 forwards and 3 defensemen from the '93 team ended up going on to play college hockey (I think some were D-III).   

What s crazy period that was between St Cloud Cathedral and Greenway. Greenway up 1-0 only to have Cathedral tie it at 1 but was waved off and play continued and Greenway scored to go up 2-0. But Cathedral no goal was reviewed and it in fact was a goal so they then waved off Greenways goal. Now it’s tied at 2 after 1. 

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

that last penalty looked pretty weak to me, and they missed and obvious trip / interference right beside the net about a minute before, looks like refs want to determine winner...

Reffing hasn’t been the best in this tourney but in most cases they even out