SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

GoalieMask

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Crazy loaded. How many D1 players on that 93’ team?

https://www.twincities.com/2015/03/04/state-hockey-bloomington-jefferson-happy-to-share-history/

The Jaguars won 60 consecutive games spanning two seasons. They had depth and balance. They played fast, physical and suffocating defense. During their undefeated 1992-93 season, the Jaguars allowed just 30 goals in 28 games.

Five players from that era went on to play in the NHL: Ben Clymer, Mike Crowley, Mark Parrish, Toby Peterson and Dan Trebil.

Crowley cracked varsity as a freshman and dominated as a two-way defenseman on a blue line that boasted Clymer, plus Division I college players Cory Peterson, Dusty Anderson and Brian LaFleur in front of big-game goalie Randy Koeppl.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Boy, did that kid have himself a game last night, eh?  SCSU and UMD have both been in contact with him.  If Berry hasn't picked up the phone yet and given this kid a call, he should.  

My buddy's kid is a friend of Donte.  He seems to think that if Brad makes the call, he's in.

• Upvote 1

To WBL's defense, Blaine was the #2 seed and a dang tough draw,  WBL played pretty well today.

I watched the section final between WBL and Hill-Murray last week.  WBL won, but I didn't think it was pretty at all and actually thought Hill-Murray was the better team for very big stretches of that game.  I didn't expect WBL to do much in this tournament.  

My big question regarding seeding for this tournament, how the heck does Moorhead draw Edina in the QF?  Moorhead is better and has a better resume than both WBL and Lakeville South.  I understand only the first 5 are seeded, are the next 3 just random draw?  If so that stinks for Moorhead and, actually, stinks for Edina because they got a tougher draw in round 1.

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

To WBL's defense, Blaine was the #2 seed and a dang tough draw,  WBL played pretty well today.

I watched the section final between WBL and Hill-Murray last week.  WBL won, but I didn't think it was pretty at all and actually thought Hill-Murray was the better team for very big stretches of that game.  I didn't expect WBL to do much in this tournament.  

My big question regarding seeding for this tournament, how the heck does Moorhead draw Edina in the QF?  Moorhead is better and has a better resume than both WBL and Lakeville South.  I understand only the first 5 are seeded, are the next 3 just random draw?  If so that stinks for Moorhead and, actually, stinks for Edina because they got a tougher draw in round 1.

AA was kinda weird seeding this year. People were surprised Eden Prairie got the 3 because they have more losses than some of the other teams but they play one of the best schedules in the state and have good wins so wasn't that big of surprise. I personally thought they should've been 4 and played Moorhead while St. Thomas Academy should've been 3 and played Duluth East as the 6 if they would seed them all. Yeah supposedly just a random draw although the last few years it had worked out to be pretty much set up just as it would 1-8. I've said since they started seeding that they should do 1-8 and really don't get why they don't. I think they think they are hurting someone's feelings because someone has to be the 8 seed and if that is they case they need to quit being babies and just seed them all. 

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Yes. Top 5 are seeded. 4 plays 5 and the other 3 games are a random draw from the unseeded teams.

15 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

AA was kinda weird seeding this year. People were surprised Eden Prairie got the 3 because they have more losses than some of the other teams but they play one of the best schedules in the state and have good wins so wasn't that big of surprise. I personally thought they should've been 4 and played Moorhead while St. Thomas Academy should've been 3 and played Duluth East as the 6 if they would seed them all. Yeah supposedly just a random draw although the last few years it had worked out to be pretty much set up just as it would 1-8. I've said since they started seeding that they should do 1-8 and really don't get why they don't. I think they think they are hurting someone's feelings because someone has to be the 8 seed and if that is they case they need to quit being babies and just seed them all. 

Yeah, I didn't doubt Eden Prairie's qualifications for being seeded because they do play a pretty tough schedule.  But here we are, start of 3rd period and it's a 2-1 game with South.  I'm putting the Eagles on upset alert!

If they seeded 1-8, I would bet 9/10 years 3A and 1AA would get 8 seeds.

12 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Yeah, I didn't doubt Eden Prairie's qualifications for being seeded because they do play a pretty tough schedule.  But here we are, start of 3rd period and it's a 2-1 game with South.  I'm putting the Eagles on upset alert!

If they seeded 1-8, I would bet 9/10 years 3A and 1AA would get 8 seeds.

Tied up 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I think they think they are hurting someone's feelings because someone has to be the 8 seed and if that is they case they need to quit being babies and just seed them all. 

Its minnesota dude, minnesota.