SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

GoalieMask

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

https://www.prep45.com/

Yup, that's all I could find as well.  Nothing for AppleTV, Firestick, or Roku that I'm aware of.   

I'm expecting EGF to demolish the Minnesota River co-operative by at least 5 goals.   

Firestick -> Silk or Firefox Browser App -> www.prep45.com -> use the remote as your pointer and click to stream

I'm sure this is on Midco somewhere as well.  The Girls Tournament was on two weeks ago.

8 hours ago, franchise said:

Donte Lawson for Greenway is very good, and uncommitted...and on a side note, he liked my tweet to Berry about getting him to UND:lol:

Having himself a hell of a game here too.

I'd assume the coaching staff is down there watching....

8 hours ago, franchise said:

Donte Lawson for Greenway is very good, and uncommitted...and on a side note, he liked my tweet to Berry about getting him to UND:lol:

Kid always creates chances and can turn on the burners in a hurry.  

Watch him end up at Duluth.  

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

21 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Having himself a hell of a game here too.

I'd assume the coaching staff is down there watching....

I'm guessing he isn't overly interested in SCSU because one would have to assume they've offered to team him up with Troumbly. They have incredible chemistry. Donte looks like a perfect 2020 replacement for Donovan.

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He only follows UMD and retweets their stuff.. Sure would seem a Duluth bound kid. 

Tendered to the Minnesota Wilderness of the NAHL for next season. 

Id think a UND would want him to play a year of USHL at least.

this from a recent article...

"""""On a team with so much high-end talent — sophomores Ben Troumbly and Christian Miller have committed to St. Cloud State — depth is an issue. To that end, the Raiders received good news Wednesday when Troumbly (14 goals, 17 assists) learned the knee injury he suffered last week at Superior isn't as serious as initially feared. He will miss 2-3 weeks but should be ready to go by the postseason.

In the meantime, Lawson, who has talked with Minnesota Duluth and St. Cloud State,"""""

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

In the meantime, Lawson, who has talked with Minnesota Duluth and St. Cloud State,"""""

I've felt like they would offered by now...and since he isn't committed, they weren't his top choice. Crossing my fingers that UND is

1 minute ago, franchise said:

I've felt like they would offered by now...and since he isn't committed, they weren't his top choice. Crossing my fingers that UND is

same but the last time i was excited about a kid at the tourney like this is was Yon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

same but the last time i was excited about a kid at the tourney like this is was Yon.

Bingo.

Single A hockey can be tough...especially when a team is playing pretty weak competition, as compared to his peers.  He's already 18 and is skating every other shift all year long.  Going into his Sr. year, he did not do all that great in the elite league (Cole Hanson had better numbers).  I try not to get to wrapped up in what kids do in HS, unless it is in a top flight conference.  Teams like Greenway play very weak competition most of the year.  You have to look at what they're doing against kids nationally or MN all star teams (Elite league).  I'm not saying don't watch the kid or he's not going to amount to anything, simply attempting to rationalize here.

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He only follows UMD and retweets their stuff.. Sure would seem a Duluth bound kid. 

Tendered to the Minnesota Wilderness of the NAHL for next season. 

Id think a UND would want him to play a year of USHL at least.

this from a recent article...

"""""On a team with so much high-end talent — sophomores Ben Troumbly and Christian Miller have committed to St. Cloud State — depth is an issue. To that end, the Raiders received good news Wednesday when Troumbly (14 goals, 17 assists) learned the knee injury he suffered last week at Superior isn't as serious as initially feared. He will miss 2-3 weeks but should be ready to go by the postseason.

Completely makes sense.

19 hours ago, franchise said:

Boy, did that kid have himself a game last night, eh?  SCSU and UMD have both been in contact with him.  If Berry hasn't picked up the phone yet and given this kid a call, he should.