SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Saturday Gameday

Wilbur

3 hours ago, bigmackattack said:

Just think, 2 wins at Cansius puts Sioux at #10 in PW, and throw in a win against BState and moves them to #8.  It's what I don't like about PW (hard to overcome bad losses) but it is also what coaches need to emphasize when playing early season games or against cupcakes.  Now an NCHC tourney win is only thing to prevent another early end to the season.

How do you come up with that?  It would be an adjusted RPI due to defeating a weaker opponent...

• UND coach Brad Berry on scratching Jacob Bernard-Docker for the series finale: “You know what, it was one of those things where we watch a lot from the bench and we scrutinize a lot of video. We want to set players up for a chance at success. Jacob is a young man that cares a lot. He has a bright future ahead of him. But it’s one of those things we do here at North Dakota where we pull the layers back and we try to do what’s best for the team and also for the individual. It was just a night he wanted to watch a little bit from the stands and he’ll be back in the lineup on Friday again.”

One sentence sounds like Berry benched JBD.

The next sentence it sounds like JBD benched himself.

38 minutes ago, AJS said:

Yeah, I still can't really wrap my head around the explanation.

He had a brutal turnover that directly lead to the first CC goal, but I don't think he was horrific the rest of the game, by any means. Maybe trying to send a message? Idk. Seems too late. 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I truly believe Berry has no idea what drives or motivates his team, clueless in his post game comments. 

7 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Bench a freshman first rounder for a turnover (potentially), but let Gardner slide for his penalties or the entire forward group for poor play...makes sense to me :silly:

12 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Bench a freshman first rounder for a turnover (potentially), but let Gardner slide for his penalties or the entire forward group for poor play...makes sense to me :silly:

Not saying I agree with it, by the way lol.

Maybe because Rhett is already a senior and he's lost on that argument? Also, we actually have an extra defenseman. We don't have an extra forward.

From Brad Schlossman's Monday morning blog

UND coach Brad Berry on scratching Jacob Bernard-Docker for the series finale: “You know what, it was one of those things where we watch a lot from the bench and we scrutinize a lot of video. We want to set players up for a chance at success. Jacob is a young man that cares a lot. He has a bright future ahead of him. But it’s one of those things we do here at North Dakota where we pull the layers back and we try to do what’s best for the team and also for the individual. It was just a night he wanted to watch a little bit from the stands and he’ll be back in the lineup on Friday again.”

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

From Brad Schlossman's Monday morning blog

UND coach Brad Berry on scratching Jacob Bernard-Docker for the series finale: “You know what, it was one of those things where we watch a lot from the bench and we scrutinize a lot of video. We want to set players up for a chance at success. Jacob is a young man that cares a lot. He has a bright future ahead of him. But it’s one of those things we do here at North Dakota where we pull the layers back and we try to do what’s best for the team and also for the individual. It was just a night he wanted to watch a little bit from the stands and he’ll be back in the lineup on Friday again.”

Good enough 

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I know right....mind boggling.  Not sure where the direction of this program is going.  Clearly emotions are running wild.  Maybe Bubs only watches the dmen?  Who knows.

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

To me, not benching Gardner for his continued on ice idiocy shows what little faith Berry has in his other centers. I realize we’re thin at center but still. At some point there should be some accountability. 

I agree. Should have it been done earlier in the year? Sure. But, when we're trying to stay alive in the race for anything at all, benching a center is not the best plan. I can see why he played.