SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Saturday Gameday

Wilbur

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

Woof. That place looks like a run down arena on TV. Western isn't playing that well right now. It would be nice to see them win a series against them. 

I think we match up better vs Western Michigan than Denver.   Plus Todd Anderson is retired, so our odds of a road win increased ever so slightly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, farce poobah said:

I think we match up better vs Western Michigan than Denver.   Plus Todd Anderson is retired, so our odds of a road win increased ever so slightly.

Ha, I can agree with that statement. 

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

As it relates to JBD, I'd like to think the "clear his head" line was code for "he has a nagging minor injury that we're going to let heal up before the playoffs start".    

He was listed as, and Schloss confirmed, a healthy scratch.

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I'm just upset that the NCHC championship game won't be decided with one team killing a 5-3 with Toddy putting his claim in to be the first star. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

A sweep at home over Omaha and two first-round wins at Western almost guarantees UND a spot in the NCAA tournament?  You’d better recalculate that.  

I said isn’t guaranteed and you say almost guaranteed...so no need to recalculate. Maybe you just need to reread 

6 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I said isn’t guaranteed and you say almost guaranteed...so no need to recalculate. Maybe you just need to reread 

Guy is coming off a poor broom ball performance too.  Definitely hurt the quality of what he posts. :lol:

47 minutes ago, jk said:

It's funny that people complain the coaches won't sit someone, then the coaches sit someone, but it's not the someone they want, so they complain about that too.  Is it possible that the coaches see everything, or at least much, much more than the feverishly imagining masses do, on which to base that decision? 

I agree to some extent, but is there any doubt that the person that has routinely hurt this team with selfish penalties is Gardner, and I have yet to see him miss a shift, much less a game.  It is not like this team has the firepower to make up for that lack of discipline.  

39 minutes ago, Goon said:

I like how you're thinking, but I don't see WMU losing two games to Miami. Just a hunch. 

Two may be a little too much to hope for, but Miami is playing better lately, and Western has been blasted a few times, so let’s hope the rivalry between the old CCHA teams brings out the best in Miami at home!

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

Two may be a little too much to hope for, but Miami is playing better lately, and Western has been blasted a few times, so let’s hope the rivalry between the old CCHA teams brings out the best in Miami at home!

Two MAC teams killing each other. 

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

I agree to some extent, but is there any doubt that the person that has routinely hurt this team with selfish penalties is Gardner, and I have yet to see him miss a shift, much less a game.  It is not like this team has the firepower to make up for that lack of discipline.  

Before tonight, the last two games #22's bad penalties lead directly to the gwg for the opposing team.  And tonight another bad penalty gave CC life late and they were an empty net miss away from a tie. 

And you are 100 percent dead on that yet again he won't miss a shift.  

35 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Did anyone see Gardners penalty tonight? I didn't, it was off camera. 

It was a weak call (after watching it a few times. Its almost comical how much the CC player waited, avoided others, and finally lined up Gardner just to go jump over his stick).

Its at the 2:09 and ten second mark on nchc.tv replay at center ice.

Some players get reputations for taking a lot of stupid penalties. 

Word gets out around the league. 

"Go trip over that players stick. Refs will likely call it."

Should have been a dive. 

But they never call that so player and team has nothing to lose.

Smart hockey play if you ask me. 

Almost worked as they scored right after getting that PP.

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Geez that’s bad. 

That fourth line. :crazy:

No Adams? He’s one of the only forwards that showed glimpses of talent last night. 

Rhett still playing despite taking penalties to lose games?

JBD must be injured? Man...JBD, Mismash, Jones, Scheel, JJ, etc etc. Hits just keep on coming. 

Not sure what to expect tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised by a CC rout or a “comeback”, too little too late UND win. 

Reminder me again, not that he's a top scoring forward but WTH is JJ's injury/illness/…?    And is it just me or is Nick Jones always nicked up and missing games frequently it seems in his nearly 2 full seasons here at UND?  Seems like he's missed a good portion of games despite not really having a major type injury (?).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

A win tonight vaults UND to what in the Pairwise?

I would guess a win over an improved but still just an average team at best would not have vaulted us at all but I have not seen the latest/greates PW rankings since following Friday's games.    

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Gardner with another poorly timed penalty. When will he be sat to make a point? Ridiculous 

I did not bother watching the game tonight, instead took in the class B girl's hoops final at the Betty (it was full, loud, and rocking--great to see!), but I did follow the CHN score app on my phone.  So Gardner was not benched finally benched tonight following Friday night's performance against CC (which followed his debacle in last Saturday's game vs Duluth).  He must have something on Berry, I do think.

3 hours ago, jk said:

It's funny that people complain the coaches won't sit someone, then the coaches sit someone, but it's not the someone they want, so they complain about that too.  Is it possible that the coaches see everything, or at least much, much more than the feverishly imagining masses do, on which to base that decision? 

Huh?  We've all seen what Gardner has been doing late in games to muck it up.  We've watched those games so have seen it.  And it's from a senior captain, no less!  Unless GBH humped Berry's dog or hit on the water boy after practice, not sure what could top what Gardner's done when it matters most in games. 

This should be a one and done , my god who does this line up and says this is the best we can do? It seems Berry is so infatuated with local players it’s clouding his vision, I would like the best players playing and don’t care where their from. Bowen, Yon and Johnson wouldn’t play for most D 1 teams yet two are on our first line. I see Gardner got splinters last night after taking another dumb penalty. 

Say what you will we need a real head coach not an assistant dressing up as one.

Just think, 2 wins at Cansius puts Sioux at #10 in PW, and throw in a win against BState and moves them to #8.  It's what I don't like about PW (hard to overcome bad losses) but it is also what coaches need to emphasize when playing early season games or against cupcakes.  Now an NCHC tourney win is only thing to prevent another early end to the season.