SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Saturday Gameday

Wilbur

5 hours ago, Irish said:

My mistake on the name - my point is that if we didn't have room for him next year then it seems like absolutely none of the dead weight will be held accountable for anything.  Not taking a realistic, hard look at the roster may be his downfall.

I'll be very surprised if he makes a big impact for Wisconsin next season. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll be very surprised if he makes a big impact for Wisconsin next season. 

That may very well be - although I'll bet he has a bigger impact than Hoff, Bowen, Johnson, Peski, or Yon.  That's my point.  At least he is a young player with a potential upside, not a Junior who has shown nothing for 3 years.  Remember the good old days when guys decomitted from Wisconsin to come here?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Irish said:

That may very well be - although I'll bet he has a bigger impact than Hoff, Bowen, Johnson, Peski, or Yon.  That's my point.  At least he is a young player with a potential upside, not a Junior who has shown nothing for 3 years.  Remember the good old days when guys decomitted from Wisconsin to come here?

You included Peski, a defenseman in this post. A defenseman who is not an offensive defenseman. I will laugh hysterically if he can’t outscore Peski next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish said:

Your point is that Donovan will have a bigger inpact than our extra dman? Lol. You're comparing roleplayers to top 6 type players. And adding defensemen, to boot. Peski 100% deserves a spot on this team, so I'm not sure why he's included on your list.

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Your point is that Donovan will have a bigger inpact than our extra dman? Lol. You're comparing roleplayers to top 6 type players. And adding defensemen, to boot. Peski 100% deserves a spot on this team, so I'm not sure why he's included on your list.

My mistake including Peski - however removing him from the list does not change the point I was trying to make.  I agree with people who feel that if Donovan doesn't want to be here then H*** with him - I'm just frustrated with some of Berry's roster decisions.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Irish said:

My mistake including Peski - however removing him from the list does not change the point I was trying to make.  I agree with people who feel that if Donovan doesn't want to be here then H*** with him - I'm just frustrated with some of Berry's roster decisions.

The question is how many of the forwards you listed are actually going to play all that much next year though? Unless Berry is an idiot, I created a fake line chart, and only one of the forwards you listed would be on my “everyone is healthy” line chart. I’d say most of the forwards you listed will bounce in and out of the lineup on the 4th line. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

The question is how many of the forwards you listed are actually going to play all that much next year though? Unless Berry is an idiot, I created a fake line chart, and only one of the forwards you listed would be on my “everyone is healthy” line chart. I’d say most of the forwards you listed will bounce in and out of the lineup on the 4th line. 

I agree with you that this is the proper place in the line-up for these guys.  My point is that next year will be the 4th year they are taking up a roster spot and probably some scholarship money yet we don't seem to have room for young, although unproven, talent.  Many other posters have mentioned that this class is a big part of our problems, yet here they are for next year again.  I'm not sure how this makes us a better team next year.

1 hour ago, Irish said:

I'm onboard with that, to a point. We don't have a lot of health right now though.

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Johnson, Yon and Bowen are definitely going to be in a battle for a spot on a nightly basis.

Right now, they play because we don't have enough healthy forwards.