SiouxSports.com Forum

Golf

SiouxFan100

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Couple of observations from The Match:

1. Aaron Rodgers can putt.

2. I would definitely play that course, but would bring 2 dozen balls AND spring for a cart.

3. Made-for-TV celebrity golf matches are a blast and should happen more often.

4. Aaron Rodgers can putt.

That Rodgers dude can putt ;)

I agree they should do this 3-4 times a year. I’d love to see Daly partnered up with Barkley. That would be a hoot 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Olympics just the latest fiasco.  It is well past time that we ditch COVID testing as a pathetic ruse for safety among athletes and participants.

I think that we need a 100% consent model rather than a vax/testing model.  Everyone has more than enough information to make their own decisions.  Life - and sports - must go on for those who choose to do so.

The rest may continue to cower in their basements…until the shot wears off, that is.  Which is about a month, in Rahm’s case.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Olympics just the latest fiasco.  It is well past time that we ditch COVID testing as a pathetic ruse for safety among athletes and participants.

I think that we need a 100% consent model rather than a vax/testing model.  Everyone has more than enough information to make their own decisions.  Life - and sports - must go on for those who choose to do so.

The rest may continue to cower in their basements…until the shot wears off, that is.  Which is about a month, in Rahm’s case.

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning right now in GF than Rahm being truly "reinfected". Testing is a total farce at this point. 

• Like 1

Where are the reporters that tried to shame Rahm because he hadn’t been fully vaccinated when he was forced to withdraw from the Memorial tournament now that he already had Covid and has been fully vaccinated?

10 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just get the damn shot

OK, ... 

The first set of bad news came after the third round of the Memorial Tournament in June, when Rahm walked off the course with a six-shot lead only to find out a Covid-19 test he had taken came back positive. The price of the result was the $1.7 million payday he was near certain to earn. 

This week, the 26-year-old Spanish golfer’s quest for Olympic gold was derailed once again by the same opponent: the Covid-19-causing coronavirus. Rahm tested positive on the third test he was required to take before traveling to Tokyo for the games.  

The surreal sequence of events was made even more surprising by one other detail: Rahm had been vaccinated. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tokyo-olympics-jon-rahm-covid-19-deja-vu-11627291641 

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

just to get the timeline right...the first positive test at the memorial was when he wasn't vaccinated?...then got the shot after which makes zero scientific sense per cleveland clinic and then tested positive after 3 more tests?

• Upvote 1

Sunday in Tokyo with some white knuckle drama.  USA takes gold (Schauffele grinds to win by a stroke), 7-man playoff for bronze, including Morikawa and McIlroy.  (still underway as of 2:45 am CT)

Who needs sleep?

This event probably needs to incorporate some match play and more of a true team element.  But it's been fun to watch.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Agreed, but if you can stick him with a steady partner and let him swing away, he's so fun to watch in Four-Ball

Couldn't agree more.  I'd stick him with Morikawa.  Fairways and greens from Collin, and Bryson you just lump it up and hit it as hard as you can off the tee if Collin is in the fairway.  

Currently 3-1 USA with two matches in the bag and two in a bit of doubt.  Bryson and Scotty battling Rahm tooth and nail, and JT and Cantlay two down.  Figure out a way to get at least 1 point out of those final two matches and go up 6-2 into Saturday's morning session would be huge.  A session split isn't the end of the world, but leave no doubt out there who is the better team.      

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Looks to be 11-5 going into tomorrow if Bryson and Scotty don't blow up here with two to go.

MVP of the European team is Rahm, MVP of Team USA is Rory for sure. 

It was a little nerve wracking this afternoon.  I thought the Euros might sweep the afternoon but getting a 2-2 draw with the way they were putting is a win. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was a little nerve wracking this afternoon.  I thought the Euros might sweep the afternoon but getting a 2-2 draw with the way they were putting is a win. 

Yup.  Europe has to win 9 singles matches now. Godspeed to Scotty Scheffler getting Rahm tomorrow, Rahm has been the only one keeping Europe afloat.

Match of the day might be Bryson and Sergio.  Those two are all over the place.  

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yup.  Europe has to win 9 singles matches now. Godspeed to Scotty Scheffler getting Rahm tomorrow, Rahm has been the only one keeping Europe afloat.

Match of the day might be Bryson and Sergio.  Those two are all over the place.  

Bryson vs Rahm would have been fun. Interesting to see how Rahm would have done hitting first on the 2nd shot on the 4s and 5s most of the match.

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I just want to see Rory and Poulter get ass beatings tomorrow.

I'm so thankful that the super Ian Poulter didn't show up again at a Ryder Cup.  The Americans practically picked a course he couldn't play well at.  

Rahm will be a headache for the next 10 Ryder cups now.

I'm guessing unless he qualifies Rory's days on team Europe are soon over. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I'm so thankful that the super Ian Poulter didn't show up again at a Ryder Cup.  The Americans practically picked a course he couldn't play well at.  

Rahm will be a headache for the next 10 Ryder cups now.

I'm guessing unless he qualifies Rory's days on team Europe are soon over. 

I’m guessing Rory qualifies for quite a while yet.