SiouxSports.com Forum

Golf

SiouxFan100

On 10/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

CBS wants to go "younger," chasing an impossible demographic IMHO.  On radio yesterday, McCord said that the Tour is nixing all existing contracts after 2022, and every network will be bidding anew.  All media options - and platforms - are expected to be in play.

CBS will apparently keep heavy-hitters Nance/Faldo and will rely heavily on brothers Mark and Trevor Immelman.  Bill Macatee is also out.

I wouldn't mind having McCord and Kostis join Feherty as CBS refugees over at NBC.  Fox's golf coverage has been horrendous the past couple of years, and nothing can save that.

Partially agree as it relates to announcers. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck on the call but as far as camerawork, the US Open was revolutionary this year. The angles they got using drones was awesome and not the same angles we get every year at Pebble. IMO they provided a much better sense of scale of the place for those that have never been.

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Partially agree as it relates to announcers. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck on the call but as far as camerawork, the US Open was revolutionary this year. The angles they got using drones was awesome and not the same angles we get every year at Pebble. IMO they provided a much better sense of scale of the place for those that have never been.

If you are a golfer and have never been to Pebble........bucket list!  It is better than you can imagine. Give blood, collect aluminum cans, steal from old ladies...whatever I takes to go once. You won't regret it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you are a golfer and have never been to Pebble........bucket list!  It is better than you can imagine. Give blood, collect aluminum cans, steal from old ladies...whatever I takes to go once. You won't regret it. 

My brother-in-law golfed there several years ago, went to a bar in Carmel, and ended up having a beer with Clint Eastwood.  Your results may vary.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I've played some great courses around the country but Pebble is still on my list, heard it's as good as advertised. The price tag is the only thing that will have me waiting a few more years to experience. Gotta do Ireland and Scotland first, Pebble is probably right behind those.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Lots of players in contention at the PGA

WIthout that eagle on the 16th, I'm sure it would have gone to a playoff with so many tied near/at the top.  That eagle was a thing of beauty, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the way Amy started today with 3 consecutive bogeys after hole 1 and then comeback the way she did is nothing short of incredible. Things could of continued to go south but she composed herself under the circumstances she was going through. She truly makes me North Dakota proud. Well done Amy and my deepest condolences for the loss of your father in law Lee Olson

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/12/14/us-womens-open-amy-olson-father-in-law/amp/

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The Fargo CBS affiliate just pulled the plug on the PGA Championship with a hole to play in the third round.  To show their pathetic newscast.  Idiots.

I know, I turned the channel for a minute and came back to the news. Not cool when you are watching and you don’t get to see how the round ends. 

• 2 weeks later...

No words to express how stupid it is to DQ Rahm for a "positive" COVID test at Muirfield.  Dude has a 6-shot lead heading into Sunday.  Is he even sick?  Has anyone proven any correlation between a "positive" test and illness or contagiousness?  Can he not play a solo round, or wear a mask?  Golf is played OUTDOORS, FFS.

A tainted tournament, and an asterisk due for the eventual runner-up.  I mean, "winner."

We're no closer to normal, sadly.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Rahm was asymptomatic. If only there was a way he could have avoided contact tracing and having to be subjected to mandatory testing.

And being coerced into taking a limited-authorization vaccine he wasn't personally prepared to take for the sole purpose of making other people feel better.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

No words to express how stupid it is to DQ Rahm for a "positive" COVID test at Muirfield.  Dude has a 6-shot lead heading into Sunday.  Is he even sick?  Has anyone proven any correlation between a "positive" test and illness or contagiousness?  Can he not play a solo round, or wear a mask?  Golf is played OUTDOORS, FFS.

A tainted tournament, and an asterisk due for the eventual runner-up.  I mean, "winner."

We're no closer to normal, sadly.

I'm waiting to read the Fraudci email on this one.........