SiouxSports.com Forum

Golf

SiouxFan100

So the multiple rules changes for this year were supposed to make it easy play and understand for the average non-pro golfer? Ffom the past couple weeks looks like the pros can't even comprehend some of these changes.

According to the new rules, If he were on the green, and the ball moved like that, he wouldve been able to replace w/o penalty.   There is no reason he should've been penalized for atrocious course set up.  No common sense.  Just tame the ball if you want to make the game harder for the pros, let amateurs use the juiced versions.

Hopefully this pushes Ricky forward like Dustin Johnson did when he overcame that horrendous ball moving ruling on the green in the U.S. Open a few years back.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and it obviously did for Dustin Johnson coming out on the positive end of a major after that.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Any reason why because this sucks

CBS wants to go "younger," chasing an impossible demographic IMHO.  On radio yesterday, McCord said that the Tour is nixing all existing contracts after 2022, and every network will be bidding anew.  All media options - and platforms - are expected to be in play.

CBS will apparently keep heavy-hitters Nance/Faldo and will rely heavily on brothers Mark and Trevor Immelman.  Bill Macatee is also out.

I wouldn't mind having McCord and Kostis join Feherty as CBS refugees over at NBC.  Fox's golf coverage has been horrendous the past couple of years, and nothing can save that.

• Upvote 2

I can do without McCord, but Kostis kind of surprises me.  McCord tries too hard to be funny, and often misses the mark.  I imagine if they are trying to go younger, he misses the mark even more.  Silence sometimes is a lot more effective in certain situations, especially in golf.