SiouxSports.com Forum

Golf

SiouxFan100

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so how many higher ups at PGA were compromised?

Assuming the worst?

I'd guess they both realized they were both losing and the way for everyone to win was quit fighting and unite (and become the world monopoly <- money). 

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Assuming the worst?

I'd guess they both realized they were both losing and the way for everyone to win was quit fighting and unite (and become the world monopoly <- money). 

with that signature....the PGA died.

This isn't a merger so much as the PGA Tour absorbing the LIV and it's financial backing.  LIV may not even exist going forward in its current form.  The insane thing is that none of the players on either side knew about this before reading it on twitter.  Talk about a heel turn by Jay Monahan, went from LIV guys are paid by the backers of 9/11 to being completely fine taking their money(I'm guessing it was a lot). 

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

This validates LIV.

All it validates is that everyone has a price and the PIF has an unlimited amount of money.
Oh, also lawyers and lawsuits are expensive and retaining a non-profit status is incredibly valuable. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

All it validates is that everyone has a price and the PIF has an unlimited amount of money.
Oh, also lawyers and lawsuits are expensive and retaining a non-profit status is incredibly valuable. 

Took the words right of my mouth.

LIV as a product or a business model was an abject failure on its own merits. It was a vehicle to pump enough money into the sport to leverage the PGA Tour into getting the PIF a seat at the table. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Seems Phil knew about some issues the PGA may have if exposed when it comes to their status with Uncle Sam.  Plus the players being grossly underpaid.

it's more than taxes....it's texts with bad words, mistresses, drugs, videos, u name it.........