SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

One of MN’s top football recruits, Craig McDonald, has been declared ineligible for his senior year by the MN State High School League. He repeated 8th grade so he could mature socially and academically. The MSHSL limits high school competition to 12 semesters. His are used up. He made a verbal commitment to Iowa State...he plays safety. Parents have appealed once and were denied; plan to appeal again. Changing sports in high school in the middle of a season, relocating, and messing around with grades/age always runs into issues with the local school boards or MSHSL. Wonder how firm his verbal commitment is.....  he is 6’2” and 185#. Just saying with my limited knowledge of this stuff....I only read and like this feed!

Not sure I am buying the "socially and academically" excuse.  Most every parent ever has held their kids back in elementary upon noticing these exact same problems. The kid isn't getting smarter in 8th grade by staying back a year.  

On 5/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, Hambone said:

Ty Satter committed to SU this evening.

I'm shocked!!  Still leading Hedberg to his recruiting class.  There isn't a scenario in which a son of a fairly high profile SU player would go to UND.  This was all tactical.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, UND Fan said:

A couple more offers that I was not aware of (not sure how recent they are):

OG Yahya Black, 6'5“, 250, Marshall (Marshall), MN Has offers from UM, SDSU, Buffalo, KSU & USD

OT Mason Miller, 6'8”, 240, Ada (Ada-Borup), MN Has offer from NDSU

Miller will play for the Bison.