SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

A bunch of prospects from WI and the Cities attended Friday's Jr. Day.  That is good news as we need to focus our recruiting efforts on those areas.  Two offers:

TE Joe Stoffel, 6'4“, 235, River Falls (River Falls), WI Has offer from USD

OG Andrew Fenton, 6'3“, 260, Menomonie (Menomonie), WI

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

A couple new offers to NE WRs:

Ty Hahn, 6'2", 185, 4.5, Johnson (Johnson-Brock), NE

Nate Sullivan, 6'3", 185, 4.6, Bellevue (West), NE  Has offer from SDSU

An article on Ty Hahn.  Also plays basketball and runs track.  Seems SDSU is after him as well as B1G schools showing interest.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/football/recruiting-report-johnson-brock-receiver-ty-hahn-draws-interest-with/article_de059576-f436-55f6-9f73-1cb1bcfa4ec3.html

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

An article on Ty Hahn.  Also plays basketball and runs track.  Seems SDSU is after him as well as B1G schools showing interest.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/football/recruiting-report-johnson-brock-receiver-ty-hahn-draws-interest-with/article_de059576-f436-55f6-9f73-1cb1bcfa4ec3.html

55 catches with 22 of them for TDs is impressive.  It does sound like he is also quite interested in SDSU.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Offer out to a qb. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7973189/5bccbb1fa018dc06f8f1e370

Not sure if we're interested in him at qb or not. 

Minnesota has visited with him.  Was on the basketball team that made a state run too.  His B.B. teammate might be a good athlete for Jones to look at.  The Hs fb coach is DeVries’s father.

5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

55 catches with 22 of them for TDs is impressive.  It does sound like he is also quite interested in SDSU.

Hopefully with a little more of a diverse offense, and if we can have success with it......we'll have a better chance at landing these type of WR's.  If you were a WR coming out of HS, unless you had some major reason to come to UND, who wouldn't want to go to SDSU over UND.  Not too many WR's would want to come play for hand off up the gut every play until 3rd and long. 

8 hours ago, UND Fan said:

UND had another 50+ prospects on campus today.  A nice post from one of the player's mother:

Julie Valcarcel Retweeted Nate Valcarcel

Such a great school and the nicest football staff ever . I could honestly say I watched the head coach @BubbaSchweigert greet and shake every recruits and parents hand . Thank you @UNDfootball .

I saw that on Twitter and it made me think that if I was a coach I would do exactly what Bubba is doing.  But if she noticed it, am I wrong to think that other coaches don't. Seems like she was impressed by this as though she'd not seen it before.

Then again, maybe this was her son's first visit.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...