Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you get a chance, take a few minutes to talk with Coach Pawlak. You'll be ready to run through a wall for the guy and not in the PJ Fleck way (not that there is anything wrong with that). Between h

Huge weekend this weekend.  Lock up some of the current commits, and use them to recruit the uncommitted guys that are going to be here. Staff seems to be somewhat busy monitoring the potential t

Posted Images

South Dakota State looking at 3 Detroit Lakes kids:  QB-DB  Max Gunderson,  RB Isiah  Thompson (returning State Wrestling Champ at 170 lbs, ) and Gabe Hanonen RB, LB. Gundy may know if any of them were invited to UND's Junior day.  All three are in a winter sport so I don't know availability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

South Dakota State looking at 3 Detroit Lakes kids:  QB-DB  Max Gunderson,  RB Isiah  Thompson (returning State Wrestling Champ at 170 lbs, ) and Gabe Hanonen RB, LB. Gundy may know if any of them were invited to UND's Junior day.  All three are in a winter sport so I don't know availability. 

Ya, Max and Gabe went to UND's Junior Day.  I know Max has been talking to the Jacks and will attend a Jr. day, there, too.  I know Isiah had a conflict with wrestling, did not attend the UND Jr day, but he wants to play college FB over wresting.  I had all these guys up last year to the UND spring game, along with Reed.  Reed is coming off a blown knee in the Wilmar game, he's a pretty good player, too.  I think Reed and Gabe are tweeners on their size/ability mix at FCS.  I think Max has the most potential but will be limited by the coaching staff (hand the ball off 49 of 50 plays in a game last year) and Isiah needs to shave some time off his 40, but he's a tough runner!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Ya, Max and Gabe went to UND's Junior Day.  I know Max has been talking to the Jacks and will attend a Jr. day, there, too.  I know Isiah had a conflict with wrestling, did not attend the UND Jr day, but he wants to play college FB over wresting.  I had all these guys up last year to the UND spring game, along with Reed.  Reed is coming off a blown knee in the Wilmar game, he's a pretty good player, too.  I think Reed and Gabe are tweeners on their size/ability mix at FCS.  I think Max has the most potential but will be limited by the coaching staff (hand the ball off 49 of 50 plays in a game last year) and Isiah needs to shave some time off his 40, but he's a tough runner!!  

Was that against PR? Need to get us off your schedule for now and get the team prepared for the playoffs would help. Last year Isaiah touched the ball four times and three td’s, then to the sidelines. That’s just one example. Things will turn around here, but it’s going to be a process. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Was that against PR? Need to get us off your schedule for now and get the team prepared for the playoffs would help. Last year Isaiah touched the ball four times and three td’s, then to the sidelines. That’s just one example. Things will turn around here, but it’s going to be a process. 

Against Fergus Falls.  1 pass, unreal.  Ya, PR was no match, we actually threw a few times (4-5 the entire game) cause you guys insisted on 9 in the box firing both B gaps every snap.(you must of watched the Fergus Falls game!!)  Even the DL staff was bright enough to catch it.  I think you are right, PR does little to help DL prep for a play-off run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an honest question about the three local players they offered recently, why did it take so long? The odds are stacked against them anyway, why not be the first to offer? You'd think that would be the best chance they'd have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 FB Recruiting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...