SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. wmu GAMEDAY THREAD (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

Meh, through most of the Hak years, this would be pretty typical.  Unfortunately in the Berry years, the second half of the season doesn't ramp up so much...

Except this is coming after a season in which we didn't make the post season. So in a sense, this is nothing like the Hak years.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely pathetic. Beat to every loose puck and completely outworked in the 3rd with the game on the line because nobody on this team can finish a chance. Have to start taking advantage of chances when you get them because you are only gonna get so many at this level. Results are what matter and in the end it is another bad loss to a bad team. These are the types of games that haunt you come March.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Last post of night.  Zero push back after Western goal.  Western wins the 3rd period in our building without their best player.  

Looked like the players felt the same way as the posters on this board. Could feel it was lost once wmu scored. 

Just now, bcblues said:

In the end, the players need to PLAY.  That is why they call them players.

I wasn't saying you're wrong.  The players have to give the fans something to cheer for.  However, when you need a spark, the fans also have an opportunity to help provide that.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

On the positive side, season is still young.  I'm sure the games against UMD and SCSU will be much worse to watch.

Naw will split those series and everyone will be excited.  It’s the dropping of these game that will hurt pairwise

3 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Meh, through most of the Hak years, this would be pretty typical.  Unfortunately in the Berry years, the second half of the season doesn't ramp up so much...

But I don't think the Hak teams out shot teams as badly as this team has (especially tonight) and found ways to lose.  Hak's teams just felt undermanned for a while until the players found their roles.

I don't blame Berry for pulling his goalie with 2 and a half minutes to play. I blame him for not pulling his goalie with 2 and half minutes to play in the second period.

That is when the sense of urgency should have kicked in. We all knew how this was going to play out after two periods. 

I venture to say there are guys on this team that would have a tough time scoring on their wedding night.

This team isn't at the talent level right now as Duluth and St. Cloud State.

Let that soak in for a minute.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NoDak Fan said:

I don't blame Berry for pulling his goalie with 2 and a half minutes to play. I blame him for not pulling his goalie with 2 and half minutes to play in the second period.

That is when the sense of urgency should have kicked in. We all knew how this was going to play out after two periods. 

I venture to say there are guys on this team that would have a tough time scoring on their wedding night.

This team isn't at the talent level right now as Duluth and St. Cloud State.

Let that soak in for a minute.

Right.  This team has puck possession time in its favor, but not much else.  Horrible power play, missing the net constantly.  After these two straight losses, I don't even have confidence that they can salvage a split this weekend, let alone compete with the likes of Duluth or SCSU

2 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Right.  This team has puck possession time in its favor, but not much else.  Horrible power play, missing the net constantly.  After these two straight losses, I don't even have confidence that they can salvage a split this weekend, let alone compete with the likes of Duluth or SCSU

THIS.  Not much more of a buzz kill when you get so few PP chances and when you do finally get a chance, you put it in the crowd for a D line change. Keep the puck below fricken 10 feet high and you should generally be ok.