SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If a prospective OC has this train of thought, he'd be too big of puss to even apply.

No kidding.  He could also be the interim head coach.  Or he could do well as an OC, and the head coach wouldn't need to get fired.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If a prospective OC has this train of thought, he'd be too big of puss to even apply.

REALLY?  Would you have jumped at the opportunity to uproot your entire family and head to Louisville this past summer for what looked like (and ultimately will be) a one-season job?  Now picture heading to Grand Forks this off-season only to be given a pink-slip next season once Bubba is officially canned.  

14 hours ago, AJS said:

This. Outside of a select few teams in FCS you really don't know what you're going to get on a year to year basis. We'll have to start digging into what each team is losing. After a quick glance at Easterns roster, they have 27 Seniors, I don't know the importance of each player, but that's a lot of bodies. 

After a quick glance at NDSU's roster...oh, wait, they seem to be able to plug in walk-ons and underclassmen on a daily basis and not skip a beat.  

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

After a quick glance at NDSU's roster...oh, wait, they seem to be able to plug in walk-ons and underclassmen on a daily basis and not skip a beat.  

OK, we get it Mr. Contrarian guy.  We all understand, enough now.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Coaching

It is not all coaching. They are getting better players because better players want to play for winning programs. Yes, they have good coaches. However, it is not all coaching. NDSU won some national championship with some players who are now excelling in the NFL and have players on their current roster who will do the same. If we won national championships, we would gain some of their fair weather, no football knowledge fans, and we would win some of their recruiting battles with them.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, if you're happy with 5-6 or 6-5 year in and year out, by all means, carry on...

Totally.  You calling people out on their every sentence on Siouxsports.com is going to change the teams record.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

Totally.  You calling people out on their every sentence on Siouxsports.com is going to change the teams record.  

As opposed to the folks calling out @Oxbow6 for not renewing his 20+ year season ticket investment...

But, hey, since you brought it up, my griping about Bubba has about as much of a chance of changing the team's record next season as Bubba himself does...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

You calling people out on their every sentence on Siouxsports.com is going to change the teams record.  

We all know it won't but then neither has much of anything that's been done since UND transitioned to D1. We'll agree to call it a wash.......deal?

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

As opposed to the folks calling out @Oxbow6 for not renewing his 20+ year season ticket investment...

But, hey, since you brought it up, my griping about Bubba has about as much of a chance of changing the team's record next season as Bubba himself does...

Don't worry about me......some here have been gracious enough to have already started a GoFundMe campaign to buy me out of my season hockey tickets too! :wink: :lol:

46 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

REALLY?  Would you have jumped at the opportunity to uproot your entire family and head to Louisville this past summer for what looked like (and ultimately will be) a one-season job?  Now picture heading to Grand Forks this off-season only to be given a pink-slip next season once Bubba is officially canned.  

Guys like you will not bother applying, so your hypothetical doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Guys like you will not bother applying

I know he won't. Why give up the managerial duties of the MSP Metro's top broomball team to come north to be part of a rebuild in it's second decade?

Now Shawn-O might for $400 large.

• Upvote 1

As much as I don't want to get in the way of the dick swinging, I think its likely  Freund is gone if not given the OC job.  6 years as the same position coach isn't going to look so good on a resume of a guy that has an upward trajectory in coaching.  How old do you have to be? Sean McVay is like 33.  I think Danny's got it. 

Ill be renewing my tickets, either way.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Guys like you will not bother applying, so your hypothetical doesn't matter.

Well, I wouldn’t stand a chance anyways against a whole board of posters who evidently feel that Bubba is a simple OC away from becoming a FCS powerhouse.

30 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

As much as I don't want to get in the way of the dick swinging, I think its likely  Freund is gone if not given the OC job.  6 years as the same position coach isn't going to look so good on a resume of a guy that has an upward trajectory in coaching.  How old do you have to be? Sean McVay is like 33.  I think Danny's got it. 

Ill be renewing my tickets, either way.  

What is it about this offense in the last 5 seasons that makes an internal promotion such a no-brainer?  Is there some green notebook of plays we don't know about?  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

As much as I don't want to get in the way of the dick swinging, I think its likely  Freund is gone if not given the OC job.  6 years as the same position coach isn't going to look so good on a resume of a guy that has an upward trajectory in coaching. 

tumblr_inline_mg43066i0p1r4d8zk.gif

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere - does UND need to wait 30 days like they do for a head coach, if they aren't already employed by the university?

I do believe the position must be advertised internally first, not sure of how many days.  If no internal applicant is hired then they can go external.  My guess would be 2-3 weeks before we will know.