SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

Just now, scpa0305 said:

I think his offensive skills would have helped us last year and definitely this year. I think he is one who takes a while to feel comfortable when moving to new levels.  I noticed he struggled his first year in the ushl and had a much better second year.  

I was definitely disappointed when he left. Definitely feels like he would have helped this year. But, it sounds like there was more to it. 

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I was definitely disappointed when he left. Definitely feels like he would have helped this year. But, it sounds like there was more to it. 

Oh I’m sure.  I try not place too much emphasis on underclassmen.  If your not productive as an upperclassmen you’re done.  Clearly the level is your ceiling.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll do no such spinning. Aka, he'd be a player who'd leave after two years because he couldn't score. Good try, though.

I think he's proving he can score which is more than many of the guys that didn't leave UND can say.  Maybe realized he didn't fit in with the 3-4 goals a season grinder mold that is clogging up the Junior/Senior class.  

Regardless of one's thoughts of Wilkie for leaving, one can't really argue with the fact that we was shown development.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I think he's proving he can score which is more than many of the guys that didn't leave UND can say.  Maybe realized he didn't fit in with the 3-4 goals a season grinder mold that is clogging up the Junior/Senior class.  

Completely fair to have that opinion. I brought Wilkie up, in this particular situation, arbitrarily. Could have inserted any name that was a recruit or player who under performed during their time here.

37 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wow... you're really cool, buddy. Feel free to direct message me if you need to get something off your chest. Haven't been able to blog in a while, unfortunately. 

Enjoy being sad about the state of the program.

Sorry, I just grow weary of your dudley do right, stomp on unacceptable attitude, board patrolman tactics...   Seems every post on every thread is followed by you and your green stamp of authority.....   have a great day.

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

Sorry, I just grow weary of your dudley do right, stomp on unacceptable attitude, board patrolman tactics...   Seems every post on every thread is followed by you and your green stamp of authority.....   have a great day.

I think everyone is frustrated and sick and tired of losing. We all deal with it in different ways.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

I've done nothing but share my opinion and converse with other people about it. Isn't that what this place is about? I've said many times I'm frustrated with where the program is at. Never claimed to be authority, either. 

Sorry I've wronged you, sir. :silly:

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think everyone is frustrated and sick and tired of losing. We all deal with it in different ways.

100% agree.

I do certainly apologize to anyone if I come off poorly. I just feel the need to defend the program, for whatever reason and I happen to be one who doesn't see it collapsing into the abyss that some do, so I bring that opinion here.

Been a slow couple days at work, too :D haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This place would be pretty boring if we all agreed all the time. 

But yes, we’re all frustrated. I try to remember that having different opinions on how to right the ship doesn’t mean we’re okay with how things are going. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'll step back, in this situation and take what you've said poignantly. Never intended to stomp on anyone's opinions, if I have done so. All good?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll step back, in this situation and take what you've said poignantly. Never intended to stomp on anyone's opinions, if I have done so. All good?

Although I don't 100% agree with you on a number of things you've posted in this thread, it's nice to read positive comments on occasion.  So please don't "step back" from posting.  This board has been toxic the last 2 years, although the various sports teams at UND haven't done much to help with that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Although I don't 100% agree with you on a number of things you've posted in this thread, it's nice to read positive comments on occasion.  So please don't "step back" from posting.  This board has been toxic the last 2 years, although the various sports teams at UND haven't done much to help with that.

No, no. Not going anywhere. Stepping back to take a look at what's I've been saying. Just going to do my best to not belittle anyone's opinion, if I have been. 

Winning cures all ills. I'm very optimistic about next season, in general.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

No, no. Not going anywhere. Stepping back to take a look at what's I've been saying. Just going to do my best to not belittle anyone's opinion, if I have been. 

Winning cures all ills. I'm very optimistic about next season, in general.

Agreed, winning cures almost all ailments a fan may have. I think the common thing I see scaring myself the most on this forum is an increase in "next year". IMO. I'm also a vikings fan...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldSioux said:

Agreed, winning cures almost all ailments a fan may have. I think the common thing I see scaring myself the most on this forum is an increase in "next year". IMO. I'm also a vikings fan...

Fair point. Personally, I'm in next year mode simply because I'm excited to see what these forwards do for our team. I'm hoping for a fun run here in the next few weeks, though. We'll see!

16 hours ago, TheFlop said:

That's why I said a Tyler Hirsch type of thing.  Tyler Hirsch wasn't disciplinary, he went bonkers.

Hope that's not the case but at this point it's clear it's not a physical injury. 

If he lost 20-25 lbs, I doubt he, the Dr's or the coaching staff would want or permit him to play until he at least gets back to closer to the strength he had before the injury.  He may feel great now, but regained strength may take some time. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, fsioux said:

If he lost 20-25 lbs, I doubt he, the Dr's or the coaching staff would want or permit him to play until he at least gets back to closer to the strength he had before the injury.  He may feel great now, but regained strength may take some time. 

Send JJ to the Moon daily for the buffett for a week. 

31 minutes ago, fsioux said:

Yup. Low energy. 

7 minutes ago, oldSioux said:

Is it possible to make the playoffs still? I.e win out? Home stand vs UMD sweep... i've seen stranger things.. That has gotta be worth something. Can we afford another loss and still make it (loss to UMD vs CC or OMA)? Any stat GURU feel free. 

I did a quick look at the PWR predictor in the Pairwise thread and with no other results counted, a split with Duluth and two sweeps against CC and UNO has us at 13. Sweeping the next six games, we're 11. Losing to UMD we can do, but it's certainly not ideal. Losing to UNO or CC will end our at-large bid, I'd think.

We got a shot, but we got a lot of work left to do.

Or, win out and win the Frozen Faceoff, of course.

•  

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I did a quick look at the PWR predictor in the Pairwise thread and with no other results counted, a split with Duluth and two sweeps against CC and UNO has us at 13. Sweeping the next six games, we're 11. Losing to UMD we can do, but it's certainly not ideal. Losing to UNO or CC will end our at-large bid, I'd think.

We got a shot, but we got a lot of work left to do.

Or, win out and win the Frozen Faceoff, of course.

•  

I’m a pretty positive fan, usually one of the last ones to go negative on the team, but without Adam Scheel in net, I have a hard time seeing a way in. 

And I think this is where a lot of people stand. It’s possible, but starts to seem more unlikely by the day.