SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD

AZSIOUX

6 nchc series left before post season for UND and UMD. UMD also has 1 game vs Mankato mixed in. This is the only series between the teams this season.

UND 10th pairwise, win/tie vs BSU this last weekend 

12-6-6 overall 

6-4-2-2 nchc

UMD 14th pairwise , 4-0-1 in last 5 games, swept CC on the road this last weekend 

11-9-3 overall 

5-7-0-0 nchc 

3 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Anyone know about the CBS broadcast friday? Its showing our game from 8:30-10:30 currently on my guide. Wonder if they are doing a tape-delay or just going to cut in mid game.  It is the 2nd game of a double header with Western and CC first game.

It will start after the other game is done. They have done this before usually with the other game being in Colorado.

I went to the CC/Duluth series this past weekend and what struck me was how freakin big the Duluth players are. I looked up their roster and I believe I counted about a dozen players who are over six feet tall and 200+ pounds. Yet, they’re fleet of foot and highly skilled.

1 hour ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

undsports.com has an 8pm start.

Brad's blog says 7:07 pm both nights....which seems weird because Duluth is normally like us (Fri-7:30/Sat-7:00)

I would say late start

Not that it matters, but Duluth typically starts at 7pm for all its home games regardless of the day, except when tv says so.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Might as well toss some out there, guessing there will a few people making the trip. 

Local places(non chain) that I enjoy.

Gronks Bar(beer poured bottom up)

TBonz

Duluth Grill

Uncle Louie’s(get there early or expect to wait, limited seating)

Julies Restaurant

Mackenzies

Breakwater

Anchor Bar(bring cash)

The Kitchen(only open til 2pm? I believe)

I’m not a huge fan of Blackwoods. It’s good, but overpriced in my opinion. Lots more value elsewhere. Tavern on the Hill is a part of the Blackwoods family.

Clyde Iron is ok. The interior is pretty cool to look at. Food is ok.