SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

Just now, Sioux94 said:

If we end up winning the Big SKy and USD ends up being 7th in their conference, MVFC should get 7 teams and Big Sky 1.....only due to be champions.   This is a joke. 

Somehow, I don't think USD will finish that low in the MVFC. They look like a playoff team right now. Whether they can keep winning is always a question mark.

Just now, Sioux94 said:

4th and 11 and their WR is wide open with nobody within 5 yards of him 12 yards down field, then a blown coverage over the middle for a TD. 

It's obvious USD is on a roll right now and we weren't prepared for the atmosphere down there.

The last thing we need is to have a losing season and take steps backward.

Our offense has not progressed from last year, our OL is ok at pass blocking but not great at run blocking.  With no ILB our defense has taken a step back in the middle.  We might make the playoffs but I doubt we will be making any noise in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

Inside LB play has been disappointing, same with secondary, having Rodgers and Harris would definitely help. Not disciplined enough on defense, the amount of offsides penaltys is ridiculous. Lots of people have been hyping up Studsrud these past couple weeks, He does not look like a senior today, He looks like he is a first year starter not a three year starter. I am absolutely disgusted with this half of football, if I wasn't a die hard UND football fan and I was the average fan I would consider not going next Saturday  because of this awful performance 

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

Inside LB play has been disappointing, same with secondary, having Rodgers and Harris would definitely help. Not disciplined enough on defense, the amount of offsides penaltys is ridiculous. Lots of people have been hyping up Studsrud these past couple weeks, He does not look like a senior today, He looks like he is a first year starter not a three year starter. I am absolutely disgusted with this half of football, if I wasn't a die hard UND football fan and I was the average fan I would consider not going because of this awful performance 

Studs has looked sharp the first two weeks.  I wondered what would happen when he has an off day, and we are seeing it.  We simply can't run the ball like we need to in order to be the team we want to be.  Studs still locks on his guy, and I agree he is not playing like a senior today.  This is a whirlwind combination mess of the worst of everything.  We must have 10 penalties already?  I mean we had to take a time out before the snap...when we were coming on to the field.....that is ridiculous.  This is a fail on all levels....coaches and players.