SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

12 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I think MSU only brought about 20 or so fans. Didn't seem like much, but nice to see my section (217) and over in 218 pretty full usually its the area thats empty.

I noticed that also, I'm in 215. Not many fans from Missery St. Those opposing team tickets in 217, sent back to UND on Friday were the best available for the late buyers. It was very close to a sell out, to me it seemed like the small pockets of empty seats were on the other side of the Hawk's Nest.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I noticed that also, I'm in 215. Not many fans from Missery St. Those opposing team tickets in 217, sent back to UND on Friday we the best available for the late buyers. It was very close to a sell out, to me it seemed like the small pockets of empty seats were on the other side of the Hawk's Nest.

Hard to tell if those empty seats are just the people behind the endzones. In our section I was in Row R (so right in the middle) and we had MSU fans in the first couple rows from the field and a couple rows above me I heard a little noise (little since they didn't have much to cheer about). 

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Hard to tell if those empty seats are just the people behind the endzones. In our section I was in Row R (so right in the middle) and we had MSU fans in the first couple rows from the field and a couple rows above me I heard a little noise (little since they didn't have much to cheer about). 

I have season tickets in 215, but last year I bought extra tickets (to get more family and friends to go to the games) in section 217 in what would have been opposing tickets returned to UND. Therefore, I sat there twice last year and the speakers were terrible. 

I know some are complaining about the sound system, but they should be able to get that tweaked.  This new system is such a great improvement over the old, those complaining couldn't of sat in section 217 in the past.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I have season tickets in 215, but last year I bought extra tickets (to get more family and friends to go to the games) in section 217 in what would have been opposing tickets returned to UND. Therefore, I sat there twice last year and the speakers were terrible. 

I know some are complaining about the sound system, but they should be able to get that tweaked.  This new system is such a great improvement over the old, those complaining couldn't of sat in section 217 in the past.

I was given 217 as my dad has mobility problems and it was closest to an exit so he only had to walk down 2 rows and got an aisle seat. Fireworks started him (Vietnam Vet), music was a little loud for him but other than that we all had a blast. 

16 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Looking at available tickets on Ticketmaster, we are much closer to a sell out for next week than we were for the opener.  

Looking good -

I heard the attendance last game could have been a lot higher but an alarming number of student tickets didn't get scanned.  2 reasons 1) handed out tickets to students that were not committed to go 2) partied too hard in tailgating

I'd like to see the student section go to general admission.  Then students can sit with whom they want, it will create an urgency to get into the stadium, and the Alerus could sell 20% extra tickets for the student section to account for those that don't show up.  If it's too packed, they can stand in the end zone.  (Problem solved)  Let's accept the fact that students picking up tickets 5 days ahead of time will have things come up.  I don't think this is the case 20-30 years ago but......millennials......we have to adjust. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Looking good -

I heard the attendance last game could have been a lot higher but an alarming number of student tickets didn't get scanned.  2 reasons 1) handed out tickets to students that were not committed to go 2) partied too hard in tailgating

I'd like to see the student section go to general admission.  Then students can sit with whom they want, it will create an urgency to get into the stadium, and the Alerus could sell 20% extra tickets for the student section to account for those that don't show up.  If it's too packed, they can stand in the end zone.  (Problem solved)  Let's accept the fact that students picking up tickets 5 days ahead of time will have things come up.  I don't think this is the case 20-30 years ago but......millennials......we have to adjust. 

Isn't it currently general admission right now?

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Looking good -

Im about 95% sure the student section is general admission at most schools already....including UND.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The last time we played the Bison at the Alerus in 2003 the attendance was 12267.  I assume that has to be near the top for attendance for a game.

I recall a 2001 tough close loss to Nebraska Omaha at the Alerus before over 12,500 fans in attendance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gundy1124 said:

I have the numbers, not going to argue it.

Mmk.  Not saying it's responsible for 20% of student tickets going unscanned, but I got in with my season ticket not being scanned.  With the huge line at the doors, when the scanner didn't read my ticket for 2-3 seconds the guy just told me to go in.