SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

13 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Um this is racist...it has the work "chief" in it.

*I am totally kidding but welcome to 2017.

There is a professor at UND named Sue Jeno. https://und.edu/faculty/susan.jeno

I wonder when the protest will start to remove her from her position because her same is similar to a former "racist" nickname at UND!! :D

(Again, not too far fetched the way things are these days)

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There is a professor at UND named Sue Jeno. https://und.edu/faculty/susan.jeno

I wonder when the protest will start to remove her from her position because her same is similar to a former "racist" nickname at UND!! :D

(Again, not too far fetched the way things are these days)

Actually, true story, the Fighting Hawkerchief barely beat out the Robert Lee Touchdown Towel.  :0

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, northernraider said:

I thought so many people were going to stop supporting athletics due to nickname. Just shows winning cures all! Go Hawks!

Winning helps, we're not completely cured, we stil have a small Sioux Logo hangover, but supporting the Hawk's is growing, just look at the two Hawks on the towel of the last post.

• Like 1

The opener is going to sell out.  The USD opener, last year, had final attendance of 11,477.  UND has the capacity listed at 12,283.  

Available tickets two days before USD game:

USD THursday.JPG

Available seats as of right now (12 days out) for 2017 Misery State: 

MSU 08-28-17.JPG

The section I highlighted will be students - for whatever reason they already blocked them off last year, but they will be sold to the student's come game day.

• Upvote 3

After monitor Ticketmaster the past few years, I have found that UND seems to sell about 1000 tickets the week leading up to the game.  If that is the case this year, I think we should see a sellout for the opener (if we don't embarrass ourselves in Utah).  There might be less tickets bought during game week this year than in previous years, because many of the same people may now have season tickets - we shall see. 

Also, if anyone has 4 tickets to sell for the opener, please PM me... looking for seats that don't suck!  I can pick them up in the Twin Cities, anywhere along 94/29, and in Grand forks.  Tickets can be picked up between now and game day in both the Twin Cities and Grand Forks.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

The opener is going to sell out.  The USD opener, last year, had final attendance of 11,477.  UND has the capacity listed at 12,283.  

I have heard the Alerus might sell GA standing room only, which will put some pressure on the endzones, if the game sells out all seats that is.  So, at least they are prepared for it if it happens.

16 hours ago, nodak651 said:

USD THursday.JPG

MSU 08-28-17.JPG

The section I highlighted will be students - for whatever reason they already blocked them off last year, but they will be sold to the student's come game day.

I would love them to lower the prices of the sections from the end zone to the 10 yard lines. It might be a way to fill those seats.

The first game should be close to a sellout.  If we can win that game and keep the momentum going by beating USD, the next game should be close to a sellout as well.  Especially since we play Montana St.  The excitement for this football program is highest it has been in the D1 era.  It won't be long until all games are nearly sellouts!!  But to keep that momentum going, you have to WIN!!!  Hopefully that will be the case!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The first game should be close to a sellout.  If we can win that game and keep the momentum going by beating USD, the next game should be close to a sellout as well.  Especially since we play Montana St.  The excitement for this football program is highest it has been in the D1 era.  It won't be long until all games are nearly sellouts!!  But to keep that momentum going, you have to WIN!!!  Hopefully that will be the case!

If we upset Utah that Alerus is going to explode when the team runs out of the helmet.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, nodak651 said:

USD THursday.JPG

MSU 08-28-17.JPG

So the students have 3 full sections 214, 213, and 212, plus the top half of section 211? Didn't know they had top half of section 211. 

11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So the students have 3 full sections 214, 213, and 212, plus the top half of section 211? Didn't know they had top half of section 211. 

The more students the better. The recruiting pics of a stadium filled with 50 something dudes (like me) don't draw the players like cheering co-eds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

The more students the better. The recruiting pics of a stadium filled with 50 something dudes (like me) don't draw the players like cheering co-eds.

True the more students the better..as long as they stay for the game and not leave at halftime. 

22 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

I don't think that section is for students 

Not technically but that's where they put the the students when they sell out the student section. 

We had to pay like 5 or 10 bucks for a seat there when we beat Montana in like 2013.  The seats I highlighted weren't actually sold in the first picture I posted.  That was the point I was trying to make.

Fans,

The Hawk's Perch sold out at 3,140 fans for a WVB game. 1st in UND history, and it was a great game, we swept NDSU.

Now let's sell out the Hawk's Nest for Missouri St. 1,000 more season tickets sold this year.

The Golden Egg has a weekend with $99 tickets per seat against the goofs and sold out. Season tickets sold out.

Should have great attendance at all UND games this seasonl

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Guessing some high school/youth teams got some group package deals.

I'm hoping this is the case and it's not some glitch, because that was a healthy amount that has recently disappeared. If legit, it'll be very close to a sell out this Saturday.  

Edit: I didn't see the post above about a section more going to students that wasn't already. I think the package deals was probably the case.