SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Will the new Band Uniforms help with the FB experience?

Pride of the North

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...e-new-uniforms

If the new uniforms give the band a little more energy and can help recruit a few more members, I am all for it.  A great band is part of a great pre-game, game and post-game atmosphere.

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Will the new Band Uniforms help with the FB experience?

Pride of the North

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...e-new-uniforms

Could - The Band needs to bar hop on Friday nights at all the good bars, marching thru and playing their songs, reminding folks of the game.  I have experienced this on a road game last year, loved it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Could - The Band needs to bar hop on Friday nights at all the good bars, marching thru and playing their songs, reminding folks of the game.  I have experienced this on a road game last year, loved it.

A Friday town prep rally is an excellent idea! Can you get on the gameday is committee?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We have used black in our athlete uniforms for years now. Makes sense to use it for the band too.

Yes but they only get one uniform, it's not like it's an alternate uniform.  What if the football and hockey team wore black uniforms for every single home game for the next 10 years?  Personal preference I guess, if it is your only uniform I'd like to see more green.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Not sure how I feel about them being all black, maybe they will grow on me.  

Marching band . . . black uniforms . . . i bet they're glad the football team plays indoors.  Setting in the sun in a black band uniform = no fun.

Glad they get to sport some new uni's, though.  I can only image what kind of shape the old ones were in.

55 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Not sure how I feel about them being all black, maybe they will grow on me.  

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We have used black in our athlete uniforms for years now. Makes sense to use it for the band too.

50 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Yes but they only get one uniform, it's not like it's an alternate uniform.  What if the football and hockey team wore black uniforms for every single home game for the next 10 years?  Personal preference I guess, if it is your only uniform I'd like to see more green.  

From the article:

"The music department raised 88 thousand dollars in donations to pay for the new outfits, which are black instead of green, so that the musicians will stand out more when performing on the green football field."

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

In a sentence, no your not a fan of our FB team, the FB experience at the Flagship will be even better this season, and the new uniforms will add to the excitement.

Truth be told, I am guessing "Joe Fan" wouldn't notice without being told, or care either way. 

Went to who knows how many football games in the dome, couldn't tell ya if or when the band nerds ever got new threads to show off while everyone goes to the bathroom or home at halftime. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Truth be told, I am guessing "Joe Fan" wouldn't notice without being told, or care either way. 

Went to who knows how many football games in the dome, couldn't tell ya if or when the band nerds ever got new threads to show off while everyone goes to the bathroom or home at halftime. 

Well, Joe_sioux hated the old Unis and is very happy to see something new and different. Now the cheerleaders need legit duds.

11 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Sound just like a Bizon fan. Some people walk with blinders on, can't see to the left or right and can't remember what they seen straight ahead. Getting too domesticated, like a pen animal.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

From the article:

"The music department raised 88 thousand dollars in donations to pay for the new outfits, which are black instead of green, so that the musicians will stand out more when performing on the green football field."

Not including green in the uniforms also had to do with the numerous shades of green around the Alerus, from the different greens in fans clothing to the green field, to the green decor on the walls surrounding the field to the green helmets to green jerseys.  If there was one main color everyone went with, I think you would've seen more in the uniform.  I'm not a big fan of the all black unis either, but I understand the point.  

4 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

Not including green in the uniforms also had to do with the numerous shades of green around the Alerus, from the different greens in fans clothing to the green field, to the green decor on the walls surrounding the field to the green helmets to green jerseys.  If there was one main color everyone went with, I think you would've seen more in the uniform.  I'm not a big fan of the all black unis either, but I understand the point.  

If I recall, the band only wears the full uniforms while on the field anyway. I believe the uniform jackets come of when in the stands. I played in the band for a couple of years in the early to mid 2000s and even inside, they are WAY too hot to wear for the duration of the game. When I played, we just wore whatever in the stands, but I would assume by now they will have some sort of matching polos or something. Maybe they can mix some green in with there.

Tip of the cap to Robert Brooks on getting this done. He was terrific when I was there, and has done a really nice job with the band program.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Says the guy who sits online everyday trolling the oppositions board waiting for a chance to poke in a negative comment as soon as he sees an opening.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Says the guy who sits online everyday trolling the oppositions board waiting for a chance to poke in a negative comment as soon as he sees an opening.  

I've never been on any USC, Michigan, or Michigan St's board.