Olson -- Smith -- Jones/Gornall/Yon

Where does Adams go??

Pooly -- Wolanin
Shaw -- Peski
Bast -- Johnson/Kierstad/Rieger

Cam
Thome
Anderson

I like this. I WANT there to be competitions in our forward groups. Guys like Hoff, Smith, Bowen all need to work their tails off because guys like Kawaguchi, Adams, Yon and Gornall are going to be battling to take their spots.

Mismash - Gardner - Poganski

Gersich - Hoff - Kawaguchi

JJ - Jones - Bowen (Adams, Yon)

Olson - Simo - Smith (Gornall)

Poolman - Wolanin

Shaw - Peski

Bast - Johnson (Kierstad/Rieger)

This is going to be an incredibly deep lineup, with talented players in the stands every night. I see this lineup as the most balanced, mixing experience with the freshman class.

Side note: I understand this is Cam's team, but I think it's crucial to get Thome into the mix. I'd like to see him play around 20% of the teams games.

• Upvote 2

This was tough.

Mismash - Rhett - Pogo

Gersich - Kawaguchi - JJ

Bowen - Hoff - Olson 

Adams - Jones - Smith

Yon, Simo, and Gornall all played decent in stretches last year.  our bottom 6 is very tough to predict.  There could be a ton of shifting around.  I don't see a guy like Adams sitting at all though.  Even Jones is a workhorse although he has struggled with the college game in his past so who knows. Deep forward group.

Wolanin - Peski

Poolman - Shaw

Johnson - Bast

Cam

My best guess(w/ no knowledge if Bowen can play center):

Forwards:

Gersich - JJ - Pogo

Mismash - Gardner - Goooooch

Olson - Bowen - Adams

Yon - Simo - Smith (lefty line)

Defense:

Pooly - Wooly

Shaw - Peski

Bast - Johnson

Goalie

Cam the Man

Jim

Bob

Damn it, now I'm excited for hockey. Don't know why I do this to myself.

Gersich - Gardner - Poganski

Janatuinen - Mismash - Bowen

Smith - Simonson - Olson

Hoff - Kawaguchi - Jones

Yon - Adams - Gornall

Poolman - Wolanin

Shaw - Peski

Johnson - Bast

Kiersted - Rieger

Not sure about playing 2 freshman up the middle but maybe towards the 2nd half of the season.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

This was tough.

Mismash - Rhett - Pogo

Gersich - Kawaguchi - JJ

Bowen - Hoff - Olson 

Adams - Jones - Smith

Yon, Simo, and Gornall all played decent in stretches last year.  our bottom 6 is very tough to predict.  There could be a ton of shifting around.  I don't see a guy like Adams sitting at all though.  Even Jones is a workhorse although he has struggled with the college game in his past so who knows. Deep forward group.

Wolanin - Peski

Poolman - Shaw

Johnson - Bast

Cam

The bottom 6 was way hard to peg.... I just don't see Simo sitting. He's too good defensively and with several young bodies on the ice, we need that stability, IMO.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The bottom 6 was way hard to peg.... I just don't see Simo sitting. He's too good defensively and with several young bodies on the ice, we need that stability, IMO.

...and I thought the Smith-Simonson-Olson line played really well together at the end of last year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Neither do I.....but who does he play over?  Maybe Jones or Smith.  From what I've seen Jones is a more talented hockey player and Smith brings that bottom 6 grinding (and is big).  The only way Simo play is because he's a C.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They definitely did.

Wasnt Hoff - Olson and Bowen together at the end of last year?  Against BU?  Olson was putting up a decent amount of points at the end of the year with Hoff.  Can't remember who was on the other side.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Neither do I.....but who does he play over?  Maybe Jones or Smith.  From what I've seen Jones is a more talented hockey player and Smith brings that bottom 6 grinding (and is big).  The only way Simo play is because he's a C.

Yeah, I don't know. Glad I'm not anywhere near making this decision :D

Lots of competition throughout the lineup. Not sure who would play center on that top line Gersich or Mismash but really think that group would fit well together.

Mismash-Gersich-Poganski

Janatuinen-Gardner-Adams

Yon-Bowen-Kawaguchi

Hoff-Simonson-Olson

Jones, Smith, Gornall

Poolman-Peski

Shaw-Bast

Wolanin-Johnson/Kiersted

Rieger

Johnson

Thome

Anderson

27 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Lots of competition throughout the lineup. Not sure who would play center on that top line Gersich or Mismash but really think that group would fit well together.

Mismash-Gersich-Poganski

Janatuinen-Gardner-Adams

Yon-Bowen-Kawaguchi

Hoff-Simonson-Olson

Jones, Smith, Gornall

Poolman-Peski

Shaw-Bast

Wolanin-Johnson/Kiersted

Rieger

Johnson

Thome

Anderson

I'd be pretty surprised if Gersich played center. I'd pick Mismash there, for sure.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Gersich played center. I'd pick Mismash there, for sure.

I've said it before but I think center is the biggest question mark on this team. Gardner is definitely playing center but he is not a guy that should be centering our top scoring line but he may have to out of necessity. I see Gardner, Hoff, Bowen, Simo, Jones as our natural centers to start the year. Not sure on Kawaguchi but it would be nice if he could play center as he could fit in on a scoring line. I think this shows that we are going to need a guy like Hoff to really step up and be a top two line center.  

I see six centers: Gardner, Bowen, Simonson, Hoff, Jones, Kawaguchi. 

Gardner and Simonson will be two most nights. Whoever is playing well of the other four at the position will be the other two; however, don't be surprised if Jones isn't one of them most of the time. Remember, Jones is effectively a junior. 

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see six centers: Gardner, Bowen, Simonson, Hoff, Jones, Kawaguchi. 

Gardner and Simonson will be two most nights. Whoever is playing well of the other four at the position will be the other two; however, don't be surprised if Jones isn't one of them most of the time. Remember, Jones is effectively a junior. 

If Kawaguchi can distribute the puck anywhere near what he did in the playoffs with Chilliwack, I could see him in the middle between Gersich and Poganski.   I could see Gardner with Janatuinen and Mismash.  It truly is a crapshoot beyond that, but what a great problem to have.  Anyone with a nagging injury can better afford to rest until it heals, which gives you a fresher and healthier team come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

If Kawaguchi can distribute the puck anywhere near what he did in the playoffs with Chilliwack, I could see him in the middle between Gersich and Poganski.   I could see Gardner with Janatuinen and Mismash.  It truly is a crapshoot beyond that, but what a great problem to have.  Anyone with a nagging injury can better afford to rest until it heals, which gives you a fresher and healthier team come playoff time. 

Kawaguchi played LW for much of the BCHL playoffs... at least that is where he was listed on the line charts 

34 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

Kawaguchi played LW for much of the BCHL playoffs... at least that is where he was listed on the line charts 

With the number of grinders we have that will be digging in the corners, I would think that he would fit in as a center on one of the lines.  Maybe not, if Bowen, Jones and/or Simonson all play up the middle.