SiouxSports.com Forum

UND su game 2

SiouxFan100

Missed way too many free throws. Embarrassing, actually. That point of emphasis was obviously not made by coach Brian "Jump Around" Jones prior to tonight's game. 

NDSU also hit a high percentage of 3-pointers. I guess one could argue UND should've played tighter defense at the 3-point line.

Poor, poor performance tonight for UND. Sure stings given the opportunity was there to sweep NDSU on the same night their precious football program lost. 

Just got home from BB game, pretty sad. Best part was, there was a little roar when the Bizon FB team lost.

Hooker played like last game and forced some shots. We missed a ton of free throws, and forced more shots. Defense was slow at times. Refs were not good. We lost.

SU calls timeout with 24 sec. remaining and with 12 point lead to rub it in, When play resumes a skirmish take place, 3 T fouls on UND and 1 on NDSU and I on each coach. Proves rivalry is not dead.

3 Police on floor for final hand shake.

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Me and my friend left with a couple minutes to go,  what was this scuffle? Things getting a little chippy? 

Great to see NDSU shoot the ball well and win a couple in a row up there.

Didn't show Horner and Richman exchanging words, but those two, as Cratter said, hugged it out in the handshake line. 

Here's my take:

SU calls time out with 24 sec. left and 12 point lead to rub it in. Players smiling around huddle 10' onto floor. Jones is flabbergasted and stands on the floor staring at their huddle, like is this for real. UND team barley huddles up before the whistle. Play resumes and gets chippy. T fouls called. Takes refs 15 minutes to get game restarted to finish last 16 sec.

Lesson learned:

Game isn't over till fat lady sings. This game wasn't over till the last second expired.

22 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why does Jones allow his teams to play noon ball bs slop? Our team is athletically superior to NDSU. Can we hire the guy from MSUM?

Well, he's still in Moorhead, but probably not for much longer.

Here is the man who can make it happen:

brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2016 at 1:13 AM, darell1976 said:

It's tough to beat a team twice in one season let alone in 9 days. Shake it off and get ready for the next game. This was NDSU's super bowl.;)

Yet you expected them to win by 25 in the rematch?

On 12/17/2016 at 2:36 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Didn't show Horner and Richman exchanging words, but those two, as Cratter said, hugged it out in the handshake line. 

The clip also does show the very cheap foul by Bernstine which led to the scuffle.  That foul was poor form.  Granted, he might have been frustrated at the loss.   But UND wasn't exactly humble in victory in Fargo. 

12 minutes ago, professorbum said:

The clip also does show the very cheap foul by Bernstine which led to the scuffle.  After seeing that, I gather Bernstine is a POS.  Granted, he might have been frustrated at the loss.   But UND wasn't exactly humble in victory in Fargo. 

Enough with you Bison fans complaining about UND in Fargo.  I was at the game and they did nothing as over the top as Bison fans claim.  It was more frustration with getting beat by 20.

27 minutes ago, professorbum said:

The clip also does show the very cheap foul by Bernstine which led to the scuffle.  That foul was poor form.  Granted, he might have been frustrated at the loss.   But UND wasn't exactly humble in victory in Fargo. 

If your want to talk about poor form, maybe you should mention the game would have been over if Richman wouldn't have called a timeout with 24 seconds left.

I guess I'd rather have a team that shows a little fire and they care about losing rather than pouting up and down the court.

I'd also take a deeper look in terms of reaction during and after both games. While I have no issue with what either team did during either game, it's just sour grapes if you find a way to be offended by one and not the other. The away team was better in both games, on to conference play. 

• Upvote 1

Attendance talk is a big part of the football forum, but should be here to.  Watched part of the game and it looked more the 2428 attendance.  What's the deal with not having a full house?  Hyslop used to be jammed with no replay and the REA would get 8k at least.  RealizE that there was an SU game going on, but that attendance is not good.  Augustana and Northern St overwhelm us in that department.  The NDSU game usually lifts our season average - not this year.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Attendance talk is a big part of the football forum, but should be here to.  Watched part of the game and it looked more the 2428 attendance.  What's the deal with not having a full house?  Hyslop used to be jammed with no replay and the REA would get 8k at least.  RealizE that there was an SU game going on, but that attendance is not good.  Augustana and Northern St overwhelm us in that department.

If i remember right, it seemed like last years SU BB game was sold out or if not close to it.

Not close to a sell out this year.

UND coaches and players were not happy with NDSU's  time out and celebratory huddle on the floor with how many seconds left?  24?  And no, it was not to get reserve players into the game - there were other opportunities to do that.  I think that's why UND's assistant coach was hollering at their bench.