SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS Playoffs - First Round

Hambone

Sounds like Richmond will be burning a shirt today....6'0" 195 qb.  Three star recruit out of Atlanta. Sounds like a phenomenal athlete and has been practicing with the scout team all year. Had an offer from Georgia tech.  Very unfortunate that they have to pull a shirt this late but under the circumstances they have, you do what you need to do to keep moving on.  Fwiw, Richmond has 8 qbs on their roster!!!!...wow!  

15 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Sounds like Richmond will be burning a shirt today....6'0" 195 qb.  Three star recruit out of Atlanta. Sounds like a phenomenal athlete and has been practicing with the scout team all year. Had an offer from Georgia tech.  Very unfortunate that they have to pull a shirt this late but under the circumstances they have, you do what you need to do to keep moving on.  Fwiw, Richmond has 8 qbs on their roster!!!!...wow!  

I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often in the right situation. If he is a freshman QB on an 8 QB roster, chances are he probably isn't going to be the guy next year. So he would have wasted a year of eligibility riding the pine anyway. Pull the shirt this year, redshirt him next year during the year he would have wasted as a 3rd or 4th stringer and bring him back the following year with 3 years of eligibility left.

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often in the right situation. If he is a freshman QB on an 8 QB roster, chances are he probably isn't going to be the guy next year. So he would have wasted a year of eligibility riding the pine anyway. Pull the shirt this year, redshirt him next year during the year he would have wasted as a 3rd or 4th stringer and bring him back the following year with 3 years of eligibility left.

He played 3 games last year as a freshman if I remember correctly.

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Honestly, if they really are 8 deep, that's not a bad plan at all.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

True.  Lualetta, barring he heels up in time, will be the starting qb next year and then redshirt Johnson next year would make sense.  

I have no idea who will win these games but I think I will find myself routing for the big sky teams even though I don't think we want to have to beat either weber of cal poly twice in the same season. Watching michigan vs ohio state which is a good defensive affair so far...

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Richmond's quarterback situation likely isn't going to allow them to win this game. Long way to go, though. UNDs defense and our crowd noise needs to be ready for whoever!!

They will win this game.  

Hoping it's the next one they don't win

15 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Richmond is a really good team regardless of injuries.   Semis last year, ranked #1 for numerous weeks this year, replaced an all American qb with a three star recruit, big nasty d line and great coaching. UND will have its hands full.

UND wins a nai biter in its first d1 playoff game. 

I really do think that with some crowd noise and a crazy UND defense flying around that UND can win by a couple scores. Go Hawks! Need to play dominant! Go UND!