SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS Playoffs - First Round

Hambone

16 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol Poly 

Lol is right.  They have been playing terrible recently.....today was no different.  Didn't surprise me.  Weber was the last team in and cal-poly was last 4 in.  Weak bubble.  

11 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

So after todays game, it looks like Weber was UNDs best win..  Oh wait... nm....

C ark did not have one top 50 Sagarin win all year or againsf a playoff team all year until today.  Beat Illinois st

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mooncountry said:

The 7 & 8 point W's over CP & Weber are cause for concern next week. Richmond looks good. Long roadie for them though...

I was at the games - the score does not indicate the dominance and UND is coming off 3 weeks of rest. I'm not concerned. Compared to what I saw yesterday there will be a crowd noise advantage and Richmond has not faced a defense scheme like ours. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mooncountry said:

The 7 & 8 point W's over CP & Weber are cause for concern next week. Richmond looks good. Long roadie for them though...

A loss to one of those schools would be more concerning.  

Richmond will not be an easy game.  Overlooking them is stupid but we all know the coaches and players won't.  Richmond returned a lot from a semi final team last season. They have some injuries but a grind of a season will wear a team down.  Imagine having to play 11 straight weeks.  

9 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Lol is right.  They have been playing terrible recently.....today was no different.  Didn't surprise me.  Weber was the last team in and cal-poly was last 4 in.  Weak bubble.  

C ark did not have one top 50 Sagarin win all year or againsf a playoff team all year until today.  Beat Illinois st

Are you implying that Central Arkansas isn't a good team? They finished the year 9-2 were being considered for a top 8 seed and their only two losses were to teams that were in the playoffs. 

You can only beat the teams that are on your schedule, UND fans should be well aware of that fact. 

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Are you implying that Central Arkansas isn't a good team? They finished the year 9-2 were being considered for a top 8 seed and their only two losses were to teams that were in the playoffs. 

You can only beat the teams that are on your schedule, UND fans should be well aware of that fact. 

I think that was the point of his post.

C. Ark is a solid team and will give E. Wash a tough game next weekend.  Hopefully they and UND can get W's and C. Ark can finally make that trip to the Alerus that they backed out on a few years back.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And that's your reasoning every time you compare a 5 loss MVFC team to a 7-4 big sky team.  

What is the deal with the onslaught of bison fans on here?

Johnboy, 73, red 19, 06, Slowman, etc.  Good grief get a new hobby  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

And that's your reasoning every time you compare a 5 loss MVFC team to a 7-4 big sky team.  

It's the playoffs man!!! I know this will come off all wrong, but with all of NDSU's recent success and with all of the normal responsibilities of life on my plate, I've unfortunately been semi checked out during the regular season the last few years. Once playoffs roll around, I usually catch up on the national landscape in FCS football. Given the lack of media coverage of FCS football, message boards are the fastest way to learn about the teams in the playoffs. So...started reading AGS again, have been to a few other teams' boards as well. It's all it good fun, don't take it personally, take it as a compliment. I wouldn't be here if UND wasn't still in the tournament.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It's the playoffs man!!! I know this will come off all wrong, but with all of NDSU's recent success and with all of the normal responsibilities of life on my plate, I've unfortunately been semi checked out during the regular season the last few years. Once playoffs roll around, I usually catch up on the national landscape in FCS football. Given the lack of media coverage of FCS football, message boards are the fastest way to learn about the teams in the playoffs. So...started reading AGS again, have been to a few other teams' boards as well. It's all it good fun, don't take it personally, take it as a compliment. I wouldn't be here if UND wasn't still in the tournament.

It's all good. You are one of the few Bison posters who actually adds productive conversation points from time to time....notice i said from time to time :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Bison06 is the best NDSU poster you could ask for. He's always fair and doesn't troll. He's not affraid to call us out on our biased posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bison06 is the best NDSU poster you could ask for. He's always fair and doesn't troll. He's not affraid to call us out on our biased posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So you are saying he is a diamond in the rough? ;)

You guys are gonna make me blush...stop it now.:)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So back to regularly scheduled playoff talk. What's the word on UND's injury situation coming into the Richmond game? Everyone who was banged up expected to be at or near 100%?

Good question because the staff is usually quiet about the details but 3 weeks tends to be the amount of time to help with shoulders, ankles, nagging type of injuries.