SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You’ve talked to Kennedy so you know you got your facts right?

I'm just saying it's been awhile since the move to the summit/mvfc was made, and I'm not aware of any facts or even rumors from anyone with any credibility of such a move by the montanas being considered. 

Also, with your thousands of wildly inaccurate pure conjecture posts regarding conferences , you're really going to call me out regarding "facts?"   That's rich. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/14/2018 at 1:00 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm just saying it's been awhile since the move to the summit/mvfc was made, and I'm not aware of any facts or even rumors from anyone with any credibility of such a move by the montanas being considered. 

Also, with your thousands of wildly inaccurate pure conjecture posts regarding conferences , you're really going to call me out regarding "facts?"   That's rich. 

Have to keep our local curmudgeon happy with his seemingly endless stream of negative thoughts.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Siouxphan27 said:

That would be great.  But it doesn't appear that scenario was a consideration when our decision was made to switch conferences. 

It might have been better had USD had came with us back in the day.  Things might have gone a bit differently. 

I still say the conference move opened up a door for another move in the athletic department to cut costs. 

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Have to keep our local curmudgeon happy with his seemingly endless stream of negative thoughts.

Considering you have yet to be correct on your predictions that you stated as fact his post is spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

SIU continues to see big drops in enrollment.  The upcoming freshman class is down 18%.  Parents aren’t willing to pay the massive tuition in the state as out-of-state rates are cheaper in Missouri and Iowa.  That’s what happens if your state government is so massively dysfunctional.

https://siucfa.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/fa-news-21-july-2018.pdf

Probably because they are a private school so they would not need permission to move up from the state, just private donations. Same reason St. Thomas in Minneapolis comes up a lot. No way St. Cloud is a candidate they are struggling with attendance and funding.

5 hours ago, dakotadan said:

I'm sure glad we left the Big Sky for this hot mess. 

After we get Augie locked down I've heard from a very reliable source that the Summit will put a full court press on Morningside College.  This will be so much better than playing Montana, Montana State. Idaho, UC Davis, Cal Poly, Eastern Washington.  :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Rick said:

After we get Augie locked down I've heard from a very reliable source that the Summit will put a full court press on Morningside College.  This will be so much better than playing Montana, Montana State. Idaho, UC Davis, Cal Poly, Eastern Washington.  :silly:

UC Davis and Cal Poly aren’t in the Big Sky for sports other than football. But if it’s football you speak of I think there are a number of MVFC teams match up quite well with the teams you mention. How many people would show up for an Idaho game compared to a UNI or a Dakota team? 

I don’t understand why everyone hates the idea of Augie. I guess I get it from the standpoint of we moved on from them once why are we trying to get back with them? But they are a legitimate basketball program and I don’t think would have any problem adjusting to the Summit. 

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Probably because they are a private school ... 

There's a better reason than funding.

It makes all the conference meeting minutes not subject to open meetings laws.

If all the members of a conference are public institutions you can ask for an open record. They're all public entities. 

If one member of a conference is a private school the law protects their privacy; conference minutes and such become private (short of criminal investigations). 

Don't believe me?
Why is Vanderbilt (private) still in the SEC with all those publics?
Why is Northwestern (private) still in the B1G with all those publics? 
Baylor and TCU are privates amongst the big publics of the Big 12. 
Stanford fits better in the PAC12 than some, but they are also the magic private. 
The ACC is the most balanced public/private of the P5 group. 

Looking at the G5 schools, SMU in the AAC; Rice in the C-USA. The ones that don't run with a private in the fold? The MAC and the Mountain West and the Sun Belt. I'd say those conferences need to smarten up and get a private in the mix to obscure their conference dealings. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t understand why everyone hates the idea of Augie. I guess I get it from the standpoint of we moved on from them once why are we trying to get back with them? But they are a legitimate basketball program and I don’t think would have any problem adjusting to the Summit. 

That's one sport, yep.  And history tells us they will be insignificant as an athletic department once they are back with the big boys of the region.