SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's one sport, yep.  And history tells us they will be insignificant as an athletic department once they are back with the big boys of the region.

I’m sure people in the MVFC and SL think we are insignificant. It’s not like we are winning massive amounts of conference titles outside of volleyball.

51 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I’m sure people in the MVFC and SL think we are insignificant. It’s not like we are winning massive amounts of conference titles outside of volleyball.

History - Like the NCC.  Not UND transitioning to the Big Sky.  

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

When Omaha start finishes higher constantly than UND in the standings I’ll start to worry.

Since 2012 Omaha has had 2 seasons of 18 wins where UND has had one, so I wouldn’t dismiss Omaha at least not in men’s basketball.

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are rumor on the D2 board that Sanford will start a med school for Augustana and buy out USF, which is near Augie.

Sounds a bit far fetched; however, before I just looked I didn't realize Augie and USF were literally a block apart. 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sounds a bit far fetched; however, before I just looked I didn't realize Augie and USF were literally a block apart. 

How does one buy out a DII university? Who puts the price tag on a school that has been in SF as long as UND has been around (1883). I know Sanford has money but to buy out a college, seems highly unlikely.

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

How does one buy out a DII university? Who puts the price tag on a school that has been in SF as long as UND has been around (1883). I know Sanford has money but to buy out a college, seems highly unlikely.

Just ask the University of Great Falls

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

There have been all kinds of college mergers and buyouts.  Here is a list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_university_and_college_mergers_in_the_United_States

UND merged or bought adjacent Wesleyan College, which used to be Red River College of Wahpeton.

This is only a rumor, but Sanford just loves to through money around in Sioux Falls.  The Med School part he would love, but USD’s Med School is already named Sanford.  University of Augustana at Sioux Falls to differentiate from other Augustanas could be an agreeable name.

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are rumor on the D2 board that Sanford will start a med school for Augustana and buy out USF, which is near Augie.

Doubtful.  Sanford already has a great relationship with the Med School at South Dakota.

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

OMG, I am thankful I wasn't drinking when I read this. Wow. That's comedy gold right there. 

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Doubtful.  Sanford already has a great relationship with the Med School at South Dakota.

I am with Ira, this sounds like something that was hatched in the back of a bar at closing time. 

44 minutes ago, Goon said:

OMG, I am thankful I wasn't drinking when I read this. Wow. That's comedy gold right there. 

That was the same reaction that came from you when I posted that Wisconsin and Minnesota could be forced from the WCHA to Big Ten hockey.

There are almost 30 med schools under development right now and about 20 have been created this decade.

Some are standalone, but Western Michigan, Central Michigan, NMSU, Illinois, have recently opened new schools plus many in Texas, Florida, Arizona and just near me are Lincoln Memorial, Liberty, and Virginia Tech.  Osteopathic schools seem to be increasingly popular.

The demand for more trained doctors is almost insatiable.

U of Sioux Falls has merged with four schools in its history.  One more merger could bring savings and much greater course offerings.

Here was the other post. what ever. 

You joke but I've heard the same rumor VF mentions of Augie purchasing the USF campus, or hell the entire school. That's some prime academic real estate right next door to their buddy Kelby's sprawling Sanford empire. 

USF does own the majority of the farmland which surrounds the stadium so one has always wondered if a campus move to the athletic complex is inevitable. I'd be all for it. Tell Kelby & Stephanie they can have the land if they build USF a whole new campus. We're tiny, won't take much wink.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 10:26 AM, SiouxVolley said:

Rumors that Kelby Krabbenhoft has ethics issues that got him in a major pickle.  That may doom Augie DI talk.

Kelby side of the story?

http://siouxfalls.business/sanfords-krabbenhoft-tackles-job-related-rumors-while-planning-big-moves/?platform=hootsuite 

How rumors get so spread and then so gracefully dismissed?

Multi-tasking?