SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

58 minutes ago, fsioux said:

Is Tomek ever going to play?  Must be bad in practice for such a highly touted recruit.

Super weird situation.  Wouldn't be shocked at all if he left.  Hes really good.  But to bring it back to this particular series, cam let a really bad one in tonight but the other two weren't on him.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Super weird situation.  Wouldn't be shocked at all if he left.  Hes really good.  But to bring it back to this particular series, cam let a really bad one in tonight but the other two weren't on him.

I'm not sure there's anything he can do considering Berry already said Cam was going to be carrying the load before the season started. 

I don't think the losses are on Cam either, but sometimes you just need to change things up. 

• Upvote 1

The sky is falling guys.  In all seriousness i figured we would get a humbling this weekend I thought we would get the win tonight but I think this is actually good for us because we need to take some time and gel with the new guys and we will be fine.  Duluth is a legit contending team this year and we needed a wake up call to come off the championship high.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jost buries his grade A chance early on and this game goes a completely different direction IMO. 

Yeah, sometimes it is a matter of burying your chances, as Duluth found out last year.  Next weekend would be a good weekend to get on the scoreboard early and often.

• Upvote 1

Wow - what a horrible power play we have 

Did we miss-recruit this year? Other than Jost, who is outstanding -  While BU sucked up almost every defensive stud in the known universe, the team with the best defense last year seems to come up short.  What's up with that.  And did Tomek abscond with the church funds? Run off with a Senator's wife, or kill a man?  If not why can't he get a try?  We looked bad tonight.  Not Sioux hockey at all.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone questioning the effort by UND this weekend.......... apparently someone else agrees.

"I thought North Dakota played much harder." Scott Sandelin quote last night.

And if anyone knows a mediocre hockey performance, it's a guy with a career coaching record of about 10 games over .500!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

What??? Didn't you just write this?

"I have learned over the years not to judge an entire season off of what happens in October."

I said COULD. I didn't say WILL. I did not expect this team to look this bad early on. I do think they have plenty of time to turn it around, but it won't happen right away and it is possible (notice I said POSSIBLE) that some of these younger guys may take all year to get up to speed. Sweeping the Goofs on the road next weekend is a good place to start a turnaround.

27 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And if anyone knows a mediocre hockey performance, it's a guy with a career coaching record of about 10 games over .500!

Hey.........Sandy has a Natty.

Hak has how many? ;)

Simple question.........

• Upvote 1

If Brock wants to be a true leader and expand his game this year, he''s going to need to move the puck on the PP. If you're reading Brock, when teams target you because they know you're the shooter, that opens up space for teammates. START DISHING THE PUCK!

There's nothing wrong getting assist here and there. My 2 cents. 

• Upvote 2

Goaltending is not our issue. Cam makes mistakes and lets bad ones in just like all other goaltenders, elites included. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but our defense DOES NOT look good. I really do believe we came out firing last night and carried the game for the first period. We just can't put together a full 60 minutes and this point in our schedule is where we really need to get better at it. If we don't here, we're going to go down early and as we saw time and time again with Hak, we're rebuilding in the second half because of more losses and ties in the first.

Hope is not lost here. Lessons were learned from this weekend. The Dogs deserved both wins, but we'll be right back in our building tomorrow and have one hell of a week going into Mariucci and the Gophers next weekend. This is not an expectation by any means, but I'd love to see our boys show why the Don didn't deserve an extension. Let's bury them.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

If Brock wants to be a true leader and expand his game this year, he''s going to need to move the puck on the PP. If you're reading Brock, when teams target you because they know you're the shooter, that opens up space for teammates. START DISHING THE PUCK!

There's nothing wrong getting assist here and there. My 2 cents. 

Yup. I think Brock has one power play goal this year. Granted we haven't scored many. The one he had it was because Bemidji gave him the time and space to shoot. And that's not going to happen that often. He's forcing it too much.  Opposing teams can read that power play like an open book. 

13 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Didn't see that coming at all...they've been so bad against UND recently and now they've got 3 in a row. First sweep of UND since 1995 and first in Duluth since 1992. That's sad. 

But goddamn did that win feel great and the crowd was loud! 

Saturday's crowd was much better than Friday's