SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Boeser doesn't need to do less....he needs his linemates to do more.

I disagree. Schmaltz and Caggs aren't walking thru the doors of the Ralph anytime soon. Jost is no stiff and Gersich is playing very well. #16 has fired at least 15 shot this weekend that have been blocked........that says something.

• Upvote 4

Just now, fsioux said:

Is Tomek ever going to play?  Must be bad in practice for such a highly touted recruit.

A few thoughts from an old fart.

1) Cam has looked less than great in net (and his % is bad), and not just this weekend, but since the season started.

2) Defensively, this team has a LOT of work to do.

3) Forwards can't seem to handle puck in traffic anywhere near expectations.  Lots of near miss kind of stuff this weekend (and way too many shots that missed the net).  Need to put some in.

Overall, this team looks young and nowhere near #1.  Get to work, boys.

• Upvote 2

I don't think Boeser looked "lost" on that three-on-two. If you watch the replay, he had to commit to either the puck carrier in the middle entering the high slot or the breaking right wing....he chose the puck carrier who made a nice dish to the right winger who in turn touch passed it to the streaking winger for the goal. Hard to say Boeser made the wrong play when it quickly developed into basically a two-on-one.

• Upvote 2

Just now, OETKB said:

A few thoughts from an old fart.

1) Cam has looked less than great in net (and his % is bad), and not just this weekend, but since the season started.

2) Defensively, this team has a LOT of work to do.

3) Forwards can't seem to handle puck in traffic anywhere near expectations.  Lots of near miss kind of stuff this weekend (and way too many shots that missed the net).  Need to put some in.

Overall, this team looks young and nowhere near #1.  Get to work, boys.

Right on all points! I'd add one more: Duluth is a helluva hockey team (and not just because they beat us). Talk about gap control, clogging up the middle, forcing UND to the perimeter, winning faceoffs, etc. Just a fundamentally sound, experienced hockey team. I think UND's youth showed (anyone know the stats on Duluth vs. UND regarding # of freshmen?).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Right on all points! I'd add one more: Duluth is a helluva hockey team (and not just because they beat us). Talk about gap control, clogging up the middle, forcing UND to the perimeter, winning faceoffs, etc. Just a fundamentally sound, experienced hockey team. I think UND's youth showed (anyone know the stats on Duluth vs. UND regarding # of freshmen?).

I know they only have one freshman playing D.