SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

While I don't necessarily disagree, I do not think That won't help our power play, which has been the problem this weekend. Because they know what we're trying to do. 

I'm really confused with this fascination with Bowen. Is it because he's local?

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

its hard to have a hangover the next year following the natty if you don't win the natty...this team will just fine....

It is early, but this could be the first season we miss the NCAA tournament since 2002. And we may have to hit the road for the NCHC playoffs. I hope I am wrong, but this team needs a lot of work.

• Downvote 6

30 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

The season is officially over...there is no way we can get out of this hole we have dug for ourselves. Damn Peski.

He has been much much better this weekend, good for him.   Now that Boeser kid......grrr....

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If I had time, I'd find the semi-recent post where you mentioned UND being king of the mountain until someone knocks "us" off.  It's not even November yet.

R-E-L-A-X.  

Yeah, I said that. That was in response to the media practically giving the NCAA title to Boston University because of the hotshot freshmen they have this year. Whether we are title contenders at the end of the season or not will depend on how quickly our young guys develop and get comfortable in the college game. I guess I didn't think we would look quite this bad early on. Being how tough the NCHC is, dropping the first two league games puts us in an early hole. How quickly our young players develop will determine if we have time to dig out of that hole or not.

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It is early, but this could be the first season we miss the NCAA tournament since 2002. And we may have to hit the road for the NCHC playoffs. I hope I am wrong, but this team needs a lot of work.

Season's over!  Even before Halloween.  That's very Hakstol-like of Coach Berry.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

Season's over!  Even before Halloween.  That's very Hakstol-like of Coach Berry.  :)

I don't believe I said this. But it is going to take some time for Berry and his staff to get this team up to a championship-caliber level. Can they do it? Yes. Will they? That all depends on how long it takes for the lines to mesh and for the young guys to mature.