SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

23 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

slow day at work....but a co-worker and myself cannot figure out the angle or where this pic from the heraldo was taken....please help.

PXL_20220614_173411979.MP.jpg

Yesterday morning sucked after that downpour. You could boat down the South Wash after. 

• Like 1

He was standing on the grassy median between Demers and 6th Ave somewhere in front of Diamond Lounge about halfway between 16th and 17th Streets. Then he's using a lens that brings everything into focus no matter how close or far away from the camera; that throws your depth perception off. Sic was only a hundred feet or so off in his Google Streets link. The blue road sign in the picture is on the north side of Demers at S 15th, just as you enter the BNSF yard. It's actually right next to the billboard in the picture. The trees in the foreground are directly north of Express AutoGlass & Repair.

To make a super specific guess, I would say he was standing between the lightpole and the tree immediately to the east of it. Almost directly south of another billboard on the north side of Demers.

47.916301, -97.050273

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, Hammersmith said:

Sic was only a hundred feet or so off in his Google Streets link.

I couldn't get Google to let me "stand" where I wanted to, namely north, standing on the median, of that point I gave. 

10 hours ago, und1995 said:

I see the old Kmart building is under construction. Any idea what’s going on there?

Front part will be small retail/strip mall - long term storage and possibly a collector car museum in the rest.  Hope church sold that part of the building to private interests I believe.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see construction on the car wash on Columbia has started again.  Who is the owner of this?

I was wondering who that was too? It's taken a long time to come to fruition. 

On 6/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, Cratter said:

Not sure they own the kmart part, but Hope Church and the owners do a pretty good job managing and upgrading that mall.

As a church, do they pay taxes on rent they receive from tenants?

What’s it going to take to get Grand Forks growing

you look at Fargos south end and West Fargo and how they grow

is the new mayor making any difference

when I drive up 29 thru grand forks you don’t see much new

On 6/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, Smoggy said:

As a church, do they pay taxes on rent they receive from tenants?

They likely reinvest all "profits."

So even if they weren't tax exempt they wouldn't pay any taxes.

They run a lot more than a church including a Food Pantry and kid programs.

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

They likely reinvest all "profits."

So even if they weren't tax exempt they wouldn't pay any taxes.

They run a lot more than a church including a Food Pantry and kid programs.

I dealt with this in a previous life - we were told we had to keep our income from for-profit ventures to less than 20%. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/24/2022 at 11:36 PM, Green Banner said:

They could be good for Columbia Mall

The a-holes that own Columbia Mall are an out of state corporation that owns a ton of mall properties and uses Columbia Mall in little old GF as a money losing tax write-off AKA they don't give a sh*t about us.   They're still "making $$$" on their books although the mall itself is a pathetic shell of it's former self.   The reason West Acres can lose stores - react and get something in new to keep their mall alive is because WA is locally owned.  That's the difference!

Until Columbia Mall can be bought out from these non-caring out of state jerks, it will continue to be a disaster rolling downhill and an embarrassment to our community.