SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

16 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Yep, new pickup, base is more than that. 
The young guys you see driving brand new pickups paid 65k+.
How? Well, it's simple, they live in a 1 bed apartment, and own nothing else other than their $850/month truck payment.

They're owned/leased by the young guys' employer, and the business writes off the payments.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

As proof that I am capable of posting something positive, I can update that as of this week, both signals are up and functioning! 

However...the "University of North Dakota" illuminated signage on the skywalk is now partially obscured. Win some, lose some. :)

Living in town, I haven't noticed. Now I'll have to look. 

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Here's a crazy idea. 

Put stop lights up at all the entrances/exits to the Alerus Center to help manage the traffic flow after events.

*activated only for events.

Traffic officers can achieve the same result but the problem is bigger. Some 80-90% of the AC’s parking is to the south, and a lot of people exit to southbound 42nd St, only to encounter a long, double-curve stretch of two-lane road before reaching 32nd Ave., I-29, and points beyond.  And the last block is the worst, with a gas station and retail meeting 42nd at an uncontrolled intersection.

Exiting to the north isn’t much better because the Demers interchange with I-29 is narrow, antiquated, and I’ll-equipped for a large volume of traffic.

Unavoidable truth is, despite the proximity of the arena to the freeway, it’s accessibility is terrible.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Traffic officers can achieve the same result but the problem is bigger. 

When they are there.

But they aren't always there.

Like tonight.

Guess what happened.

Traffic lights. 

Problems solved

Forever.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They not running the pot hole machine this year?

IRC, I thought I saw one yesterday filling holes in the street. It's bad after the horrendous we just had.  

Go the the GF city website and use their 311 reporting service.   Sign up or Log in - report your issue - and BOOM it gets taken care of asap.   I reported a hideous pothole near me on Monday - got a prompt reply that day saying they'd be "on it" as soon as possible.   Went to work today and it was still there but later today when I headed hoem it was taken care of.   Less than 48 hours from complaint to resolution.   It handles a lot of complaints from potholes to abandoned bikes to !@#!$ neighbors to street lights out.   The city can't be everywhere all the time but if you point out issues they will take care of them.   That's a city government that works in my book!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

slow day at work....but a co-worker and myself cannot figure out the angle or where this pic from the heraldo was taken....please help.

PXL_20220614_173411979.MP.jpg

Threw me for a loop, too, but I think the frontage road near Wild Bill's?  The dark brown building in the center is the fire station, right?  And the white building with the dark red roof is at the intersection of Demers and Washington.

17 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Threw me for a loop, too, but I think the frontage road near Wild Bill's?  The dark brown building in the center is the fire station, right?  And the white building with the dark red roof is at the intersection of Demers and Washington.

i think but....everything seems off...the water tower is too close the street sign in the middle of the road...where are the lights for demers and washington....it just seems weird...........................

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think but....everything seems off...the water tower is too close the street sign in the middle of the road...where are the lights for demers and washington....it just seems weird...........................

I think the zoom lens is mind-effing us here. Took way too long to pick out the landmarks. The trees are creating some depth-of-field issues as well. 

18 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I think the zoom lens is mind-effing us here. Took way too long to pick out the landmarks. The trees are creating some depth-of-field issues as well. 

right.....those trees could be super close buy far away.....there are no trees betweenthe newman building and the fire station.......and that street sign?  

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's the street sign say? "S 9th St" maybe? 

can't make it out but the only place that might have a street sign is the road to the north of wild bills...........but that angle of the pic doesn't really matchup to that..........

The red roof building is wrong. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.9167059,-97.0450122,3a,75y,58.78h,87.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saVhf9qXYjxex6WP32OlfnQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192 

As the link shows, the building at DeMers/Wash has roof overhang and posts on the south end of the building on the west, south, and east sides. In the Herald photo, there's no overhang or posts on the south end of that building. And how is that black SUV at the south side of the red roof building? Google shows no parking there. And the assumed "fire station" in the background, where are the west facing windows if you're looking east? 

You guys are thinking you're looking east. Could this be looking south at the smile on that (north) side? 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

The red roof building is wrong. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.9167059,-97.0450122,3a,75y,58.78h,87.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saVhf9qXYjxex6WP32OlfnQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192 

As the link shows, the building at DeMers/Wash has roof overhang and posts on the south end of the building on the west, south, and east sides. In the Herald photo, there's no overhang or posts on the south end of that building. And how is that black SUV at the south side of the red roof building? Google shows no parking there. And the assumed "fire station" in the background, where are the west facing windows if you're looking east? 

You guys are thinking you're looking east. Could this be looking south at the smile on that (north) side? 

exactly........it's missing that overhang....and yes......where the hell is that black suv parking (only place i can think is that it is parked on the railroad land on the corner of demers and washingotn....

i'm glad im not the only one that thinks this pic is weird.....

7 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Taken from the Sinclair parking lot.

Was just going to say this. If you go to that streetview link you can see how with the right positioning and framing you could get that. That black SUV isn't parked - that's the eastbound lane of traffic on Demers. (I may or may not be able to see my vehicle in this picture).

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Upon review: No it can't be from the north looking south. Both eyes are open (no wink) from that side.