SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

43 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is the road by the country club too far south?

For now and the foreseeable future, yes.  EGF connector road would help spur growth southward, but not much, and it would be prohibitively expensive.  Bygland south of the middle school just hasn't taken off.

Does anybody have any data (or even just anecdotal or personal observations) on housing starts in EGF?  I've got to believe it's pretty dire.

Can only imagine Minnesota will veto funding for anything South of 32nd Avenue as it wouldn’t help EGF much.  The Thompson bridge serves a purpose for sugar beet trucks now.

Mayor Brown can threaten a veto, but money wouldn’t be there to build a bridge, which is more needed for Minnesotans anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cratter's shower thoughts.

The inevitable future of travel:

Need to go watch a hockey game in Nashville?

Load up the car about 10 pm. Wake up 8 hrs later to see the burbs of Chicago go by.

Put on the 3D VR headset and watch a couple movies and suddenly when they're finished, you're in Nashville!

59 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Cratter's shower thoughts.

The inevitable future of travel:

Need to go watch a hockey game in Nashville?

Load up the car about 10 pm. Wake up 8 hrs later to see the burbs of Chicago go by.

Put on the 3D VR headset and watch a couple movies and suddenly when they're finished you're in Nashville!

I can't wait for self-driving vehicles!

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I can't wait for self-driving vehicles!

I've been watching some America in Color on the Smithsonian Channel. 

Crazy watching some of this stuff from what doesn't seem like that long ago now that I'm in my ripe old age of mid 30s.

In the 1920s...."roads" were barely a thing because cars were still newish. The household radio was new. Forget about knowing what "watching tv" even meant. The first coast to coast telephone call had just happened a few years ago. Miami only had 30,000 people. The U of Miami had only opened a year earlier when a massive hurricane hit the town. No solo airplane had ever been able to fly nonstop across the Atlantic.

Crazy to think about what the next few (100) years will bring.

Even now "TV" is becoming this generations "radio" to the newly born.

Self driving cars and the ability to overnight sleep while traveling in your own vehicle will be a game changer. People will start to see the country like never before. Speed limits could push 120+ mph.

39 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'm been watching some America in Color on the Smithsonian Channel. 

Crazy watching some of this stuff from what doesn't seem like that long ago now that I'm in my ripe old age of mid 30s.

In the 1920s...."roads" were barely a thing because cars were still newish. The invention of the radio was new. The first coast to coast telephone call had just happened a few years ago. Miami only had 30,000 people. The U of Miami had only opened a year earlier when a massive hurricane hit the town. No solo airplane had ever been able to fly nonstop across the Atlantic.

Crazy to think about what the next few years  (100 years) will bring. Self driving cars and the ability to overnight sleep while traveling in your own vehicle will be a game changer. People will start to see the country like never before. Speed limits could push 120+ mph.

And Minnesota grocery stores are running out 3.2 beer. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so i live my pupur arena....almost two days later my alley is still full of three feet of snow. what a joke.

There is a lot of snow in GF, especially for still being December. The city will be hauling snow for a while now.
We don't need any snow or rain for the first half of next year.

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There is a lot of snow in GF, especially for still being December. The city will be hauling snow for a while now.
We don't need any snow or rain for the first half of next year.

still not plowed as of an hour ago...total joke

2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I live on the north end with an alley.  It was plowed through once on Sunday and again on Monday.  Not sure why they are missing your alley but you may want to give someone a call. 

all the alley's pretty much bordered by 13th ave s to 5th ave south going east to the river haven't been plowed once...take a look at tom miller's twitter photo...but at least the alley on almonte with all those new homes with dyke in the back got plowed.

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

all the alley's pretty much bordered by 13th ave s to 5th ave south going east to the river haven't been plowed once...take a look at tom miller's twitter photo...but at least the alley on almonte with all those new homes with dyke in the back got plowed.

I can't say for sure it was the city who plowed our alley.  It could have been a good Samaritan who happens to live in that neighborhood I guess.  

17 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I live on the north end with an alley.  It was plowed through once on Sunday and again on Monday.  Not sure why they are missing your alley but you may want to give someone a call. 

I live on north end and my alley wan't plowed as of last night, two cars were stuck in alley and left. I have a corner lot so I can get out from garage directly to street.

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I live on north end and my alley wan't plowed as of last night, two cars were stuck in alley and left. I have a corner lot so I can get out from garage directly to street.

me and an elderly couple are right in the middle...totally snowed in.  i think they are retired but both their cars aren't goin anywhere