SiouxSports.com Forum

Didn't we have a thread started by a visiting fan about hotels, restaurants, game day activities, etc? I thought that it was a season or two ago and ended up being a few pages long with some good info. I went back a ways but didn't notice it. Possible it was mixed in with a season or game thread. 

31 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Just so you all know, NoDak nation is changing up their buba bucks for this year. It's gonna be a  $5,000 scholarship at each game. Students will have to be present at the drawing in the 4th quarter to receive it if they win.

Personally, I don't really like this.  Hopefully the investment pays off and students realize the games are a good time so we don't need to continue this "promotion" in the future.

44 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Just so you all know, NoDak nation is changing up their buba bucks for this year. It's gonna be a  $5,000 scholarship at each game. Students will have to be present at the drawing in the 4th quarter to receive it if they win.

We shall see if they do any better than the 2 dozen finalists from last year... 

You know I can use 5,000 and I still have my student ID sooo....... :D

57 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

I don't really want to revisit this controversial debate again, but if the students don't want to attend in large numbers -- especially with promotions like this -- then the student section should be downsized to allow for more season ticket holders to obtain those premium midfield seats on the west side. 

In my opinion, there's no reason the midfield seats on the west side should be essentially empty during a close game in the 4th quarter; it looks just piss poor on TV and, of course, in person. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don't really want to revisit this controversial debate again, but if the students don't want to attend in large numbers -- especially with promotions like this -- then the student section should be downsized to allow for more season ticket holders to obtain those premium midfield seats on the west side. 

In my opinion, there's no reason the midfield seats on the west side should be essentially empty during a close game in the 4th quarter; it looks just piss poor on TV and, of course, in person. 

Agreed, it looks pretty bad on TV when the students decide to leave.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Problem with giving up the seats to season tickets, you can never get them back.  I don't think selling off student seats is going to do any good for getting students at the games.  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I've actually went to a bemidji game with my buddy on an off week, so at least two.

I went to the Bemidji St/Arizona St game with my wife and son last winter, so at least five.

If ASU gets into the NCHC at least we will have a new doormat.

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Let's also drape black blankets in all the corners over the seats of the Alerus to look better while we're at it. That'll help the winning.

I agree winning helps but where were all the fans right after UND beat Wyoming? Or the game versus Northmen Colorado that was thought to be a de facto playoff game at the time. 

The diffusion of responsibility that is present when discussing ideas that may increase attendance is staggering. The team must win, yes, but it also doesn't hurt to explore additional ideas. I don't see anything wrong with talking about certain possible changes when one looks at how low attendance has relatively been over the past 5 years or so.

I hope the team wins more than anyone so I also hope that is the main factor that ultimately boosts attendance. Fact is the team went 7-4 last season and yet the Alerus Center never once hosted over 10,000 in attendance. 

42 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree winning helps but where were all the fans right after UND beat Wyoming? Or the game versus Northmen Colorado that was thought to be a de facto playoff game at the time. 

The diffusion of responsibility that is present when discussing ideas that may increase attendance is staggering. The team must win, yes, but it also doesn't hurt to explore additional ideas. I don't see anything wrong with talking about certain possible changes when one looks at how low attendance has relatively been over the past 5 years or so.

I hope the team wins more than anyone so I also hope that is the main factor that ultimately boosts attendance. Fact is the team went 7-4 last season and yet the Alerus Center never once hosted over 10,000 in attendance. 

Have to remember, more than half of the school caught the tail end of the Mussman era and the first year of Bubba ball, but still not great. Up until the end of last year, football was still largely ridiculed (from what I saw as a student.) Not to mention, not a whole lot of people found the ground and pound style exciting ( i know I heard multiple times "when are they gonna throw the ball???")  I would expect that football is a big thing on campus next year with all but one class not knowing Mussman and those dark years. I know my group of friends is super pumped. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Have to remember, more than half of the school caught the tail end of the Mussman era and the first year of Bubba ball, but still not great. Up until the end of last year, football was still largely ridiculed (from what I saw as a student.) Not to mention, not a whole lot of people found the ground and pound style exciting ( i know I heard multiple times "when are they gonna throw the ball???")  I would expect that football is a big thing on campus next year with all but one class not knowing Mussman and those dark years. I know my group of friends is super pumped. 

Great news. As I've mentioned, I agree winning and the FANS EXPECTING UND TO WIN EVERY GAME will increase the overall attendance and following for UND football. With that, still doesn't hurt to talk other ideas (team intro, season ticket locations, in-game features, etc.) that may also help increase UND football popularity. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

i think you need to factor in a lot of disenfranchised people/fans that alerus management has scard away over the last few years...including students.  whether its tailgating, alcohol, telling people to sit because your blocking someone view, or other things they have a damn good job of making people say "ill just watch it on tv instead of putting up with this crap."

• 2 weeks later...