SiouxSports.com Forum

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

2-0, 1-1 or 0-2 heading into Potato Bowl, attendance guesses? (Really bored) 

2-0: 12,000+? 

1-1: 11,000+?

0-2: 10,000+? 

1-1    10344

17-10  W vs Stony ( Def, def, def and more d). 

24-28   L vs bgsu ( bgsu gets a td under a min) 

Potato bowl:  the o line finally starts to gel and the offense starts to click, additionally they get a nice 12th man for their first home game.  beat the yotes 38-27 

MAC football is really quite mediocre, even for FCS standards. I fully expect UND to be 2-0 going into the Potato Bowl game vs South Dakota; now, whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen. The games are played for a reason as execution is everything.  

Let's just remember that last year this time very few expected UND to beat Wyoming.

If UND is 2-0 going into the Potato Bowl, I expect around 10,500 people. 

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

MAC football is really quite mediocre, even for FCS standards. I fully expect UND to be 2-0 going into the Potato Bowl game vs South Dakota; now, whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen. The games are played for a reason as execution is everything.  

Let's just remember that last year this time very few expected UND to beat Wyoming.

Agreed.  MAC isn't that good necessarily.  However, I'm basing my conclusion on the little time the 5 up front have had together as a group and the fact they're home. I went back and forth with this one and truly believe und can win and won't be surprised if they do.  

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I think if 2-0 UND is ranked in the top 15 and with the Bison on the road and USD coming to town 12,000 is possible. Potato bowl has drawn the biggest crowd the past few years without a familiar opponent. However, this is only speculating if they start 2-0. I do think 1-1 still will draw 10,500 minimum. The buzz is building and a lot of people are getting behind Bubba. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

I think if 2-0 UND is ranked in the top 15 and with the Bison on the road and USD coming to town 12,000 is possible. Potato bowl has drawn the biggest crowd the past few years without a familiar opponent. However, this is only speculating if they start 2-0. I do think 1-1 still will draw 10,500 minimum. The buzz is building and a lot of people are getting behind Bubba. 

No smack here, just wondering why the Bison being on the road makes any difference in the attendance of a UND football game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IF they start 2-0 or 1-1, I'd think a few of those Bison football/UND hockey fans would show up. 

IF they start 2-0 or 1-1, I'd think a few of those Bison football/UND hockey fans would show up. 

A large chunk of them will be in Iowa City, and another large group not going to the game will be at watch parties. I think the number of those fans at the Alerus will be able to be counted on you fingers..

• Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

A large chunk of them will be in Iowa City, and another large group not going to the game will be at watch parties. I think the number of those fans at the Alerus will be able to be counted on you fingers..

The Iowa/NDSU game (11 AM CT) will be well over by the time UND kicks off against South Dakota at the Potato Bowl (4 PM CT). Plenty can still watch the NDSU game and yet attend the UND game in-person.

So, your troll attempt was pathetic. Pretty interesting to hear you provide a "trolling comment" right after you asked "No smack here, just wondering why the Bison being on the road makes any difference in the attendance of a UND football game?" 

Try a little harder to troll next time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

They'll jump to the UND bandwagon after the first half

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

How are you going to count them after the number gets past 12?

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The Iowa/NDSU game (11 AM CT) will be well over by the time UND kicks off against South Dakota at the Potato Bowl (4 PM CT). Plenty can still watch the NDSU game and yet attend the UND game in-person.

So, your troll attempt was pathetic. Pretty interesting to hear you provide a "trolling comment" right after you asked "No smack here, just wondering why the Bison being on the road makes any difference in the attendance of a UND football game?" 

Try a little harder to troll next time.

It wasn't a troll comment, it was pointing out there is very little cross over from UND FB to NDSU FB like ther is between SU FB and UND hockey. I wouldn't expect UND FB fans to go to an NDSU FB game when there team is on the road and playing at different times. It wasn't a shot at UND. 

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It wasn't a troll comment, it was pointing out there is very little cross over from UND FB to NDSU FB like ther is between SU FB and UND hockey. I wouldn't expect UND FB fans to go to an NDSU FB game when there team is on the road and playing at different times. It wasn't a shot at UND. 

I don't think you realize that there are a ton of UND fans that have jumped on the NDSU bandwagon after all their success. After UND finally finds its success you will see many fans come back to their roots. UND's success will gain new fans that will not be loyal to only NDSU. 

• Upvote 3

in the next two or three years (maybe even this year) you will see und pass the ndac for success in football like we've always done and the ndac backers will go back to the drawing board as to what to do next and they only thing and i mean the only thing they can try to do is go fbs somehow someway so the SV theory of und going fbs soon chills the bison backers to their bone...

2-0 going in to the usd game the attendance better be damn near a sellout with no excuses on the AD department for filling the AL...

16 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:
56 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't think you realize that there are a ton of UND fans that have jumped on the NDSU bandwagon after all their success. After UND finally finds its success you will see many fans come back to their roots. UND's success will gain new fans that will not be loyal to only NDSU. 

There is no such thing, if you are a UND fan,  you do not follow NDSU. Anybody who has left UND to follow SU is not a UND fan anyway. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

in the next two or three years (maybe even this year) you will see und pass the ndac for success in football like we've always done and the ndac backers will go back to the drawing board as to what to do next and they only thing and i mean the only thing they can try to do is go fbs somehow someway so the SV theory of und going fbs soon chills the bison backers to their bone...

2-0 going in to the usd game the attendance better be damn near a sellout with no excuses on the AD department for filling the AL...

Bold prediction, guess we'll have to wait and see.

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I have yet to see anything that supports the myth that a ton of UND fans are su fans...now i do believe they have picked up those that were neutral but so has UND hockey...this is ugly thrrad drift.

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I didn't read this as a negative post . . . i pretty much agree.  "those fans" he's referring to would be cross-over fans, and I doubt there are that many, and of those, probably not too many of them really go to games in person, anyway.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

UND starts 2-0 and its 11k for the Potato Bowl. #LeaveNoDoubt!! Go Fighting Hawks!

Last season, after the big win against Wyoming, the Potato Bowl vs. Drake drew a relatively low number of 9,865 to the game. 

I would love to see 11,000+ at this season's home opener/Potato Bowl; however, I'll be a bit more modest in my predictions until I see proof that UND football is catching on in popularity around Grand Forks (UND marketing/in-game productions and Alerus Center can go a long way to improve this, as well -- music, music, music !!!).

I predict 10,000 to 10,500 at the Potato Bowl game due to the regional opponent (South Dakota) and UND football's consistent marketing this summer.