SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo on Helmets

UND-FB-FAN

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

When other schools issue revised logos, there is normally many varieties to choose with the logo dispersed along the University's abbreviation, or the logo by itself, or with different major color, or with the state outline etc.  A logo used on a helmet or hat generally won't work for a jersey or tshirt, so alternatives of the same logo are made availiable to maximize the sales and revenue potential.  NDSU, SDSU, USD, UM, etc all have a number of different logo combinations to put on their uniforms and items for sale.

That is a major problem with the logo, as it is the only current choice.  The New York firm should know better.  It's for all practical purposes fireable offense that UND didn't pursue.

Let's not get too hasty . . . we don't know that alternate versions have not been created or or not in the works.

2 hours ago, 77iceman said:

Let's not get too hasty . . . we don't know that alternate versions have not been created or or not in the works.

They're in the works.  Tentative goal is July 1 according to Jayson but it's a moving target.

• Upvote 2

On June 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM, The Sicatoka said:

... because his father Herald did just fine setting an image and a branding for his western ND venture. (This is where Siouxphan27 breaks out in hives.) 

With the new logo we have thanks to Ed's guidance, apparently the branding skill you speak of skips a generation.

19 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

With the new logo we have thanks to Ed's guidance, apparently the branding skill you speak of skips a generation.

Again, Fighting Hawks was picked pre-Ed. Ed just had to try to make chicken salad from it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Again, Fighting Hawks was picked pre-Ed. Ed just had to try to make chicken salad from it. 

Translation: if your preferred nickname would have been chosen, we would now be looking at an amazing, spectacular, in your face take no prisoners intimidating Roughriders logo.  

Funny how that works. :p

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

If we are in the playoffs(maybe even hosting a game in the Alerus)it will look just fine to me.

Agreed.  I do think it's catchy though. I've begun to like it more and more each day. 

I'm also happy to hear there will be alternative logos in terms of color. A different color is needed for the logo to appear nicely on the matte green helmets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Translation: if your preferred nickname would have been chosen, we would now be looking at an amazing, spectacular, in your face take no prisoners intimidating Roughriders logo. 

Gosh-darn rootin-tootin right ya-are. Glad ta see ya finally figur'd that out. :D

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"they're in the works"?  sme is still working on them or is it being done internally (und )???

Translated: SME rolled something out and let the folks here give critique and test drive some final touches. 

Any takers that the hawk shows up on an outline of the State in the next SME release? 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Translated: SME rolled something out and let the folks here give critique and test drive some final touches. 

Any takers that the hawk shows up on an outline of the State in the next SME release? 

I hope that SOMETHING is added to it.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with the outline of the state? The state is basically a rectangle and not an overly interesting or identifiable shape like Texas, Florida, Michigan, or Hawaii would be. I don't get it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with the outline of the state? The state is basically a rectangle and not an overly interesting or identifiable shape like Texas, Florida, Michigan, or Hawaii would be. I don't get it.

Agreed. The only place I would use the state outline with the logo is on playing surfaces. It would look good at midfield, center court and center ice. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Gosh-darn rootin-tootin right ya-are. Glad ta see ya finally figur'd that out. :D

If you think a Roughriders logo would've ended up as anything other than a generic, soft, happy go lucky goofy looking cowboy....well, never mind, I'll let you dream. :D

1 minute ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If you think a Roughriders logo would've ended up as anything other than a generic, soft, happy go lucky goofy looking cowboy....well, never mind, I'll let you dream. :D

Imagine a three-color, corporate, not-a-lot-of-detail-and-definition, horse and rider on an new font "ND". <-- NAILED IT! :D

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Imagine a three-color, corporate, not-a-lot-of-detail-and-definition, horse and rider on an new font "ND". <-- NAILED IT! :D

I'm sure your imagination had a good idea for a fighting Hawks logo as well. 

I'm sure we all had ideas.  I'd also bet that none of us were envisioning a fighting Hawks logo to be the white dove from the cover of a Portals of Prayer daily devotional. 

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm sure we all had ideas.  I'd also bet that none of us were envisioning a fighting Hawks logo to be the white dove from the cover of a Portals of Prayer daily devotional. 

If you voted for it, own it. Package deal. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

LOL

On 6/25/2016 at 8:11 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Just curious where you saw this?

It's from talking to Jayson. 

On 6/25/2016 at 11:00 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"they're in the works"?  sme is still working on them or is it being done internally (und )???

SME is working on color variations and specific team wordmarks. 

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

It's from talking to Jayson. 

SME is working on color variations and specific team wordmarks. 

think jayson could maybe send out an email to alumni and whatnot informing fans of this info (granted he might be busy painting hak's garage ercru or midnight grey)