SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo on Helmets

UND-FB-FAN

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree with all of this. The current logo isn't horrible if it's considered under the context of a secondary logo. But as a primary logo, there certainly are some deficiencies. I'll embrace it, but I sure would like to see some color alternatives for this (it's going to be on a kelly green helmet, so revealed color scheme won't work) and, eventually, a primary logo developed that features just the hawk with more detail. 

Never played a down for a logo.  In the 90's they forced the geometric crap upon us, barely put a thought to it.  The new logo will be cool with me when we host a playoff game in the Alerus.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

I am torn on the whole "forward facing hawk on one side, rear facing on other" thing.  Would need to see it on the helmet first.  

Like others have said already, put the number on the other side of the helmet opposite of the ND Hawk

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Constructive criticism: You turn a shaky at best "D" almost into a "P" with what you've done. 

I'd rather see that whole lower right pointy feature on the "N" erased. 

agreed, it really does end up looking like a P

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

I have to admit, I would really start getting on board with the new name if we had something better. I really like the concept art in the below link, or at least some variation of it.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/34630947/University-of-North-Dakota-Fighting-Hawks-Concept

HawkConcept1.PNG

HawkConcept2.PNG

HawkConcept3.PNG

You could also easily tie in a mascot based on this logo design.

• Upvote 1

Native American headdress = No dice

Also just an ugly logo.  Judging by the eye, this bird likes to party with hard drugs.  The ham-handed attempt to incorporate an outline of the state also looks pretty terrible.

The shuttlecock logo (getting rid of the button that made the feathers appear native) is much better than this one, IMO.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

agreed, it really does end up looking like a P

So hold your thumb over that part . . . my point was that with a black outline and some black accents for added depth, it starts to make more sense as a sports logo instead of a "bank logo".

Not that it matters.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Also just an ugly logo.  Judging by the eye, this bird likes to party with hard drugs.  The ham-handed attempt to incorporate an outline of the state also looks pretty terrible.

The shuttlecock logo (getting rid of the button that made the feathers appear native) is much better than this one, IMO.

I don't buy the headdress business. They are feathers ... birds have feathers. It is incorporating school history into a new name and logo. 

Regardless, if you think it is an ugly logo, that is an argument that I can completely understand. It is kind of how I feel about the new logo. I think it would be fine as a secondary or alternative logo, but I would prefer something similar to the concept art. Not necessarily that exact one, but some variation of that.

I honestly didn't see the state outline incorporation, and I agree, this logo could get rid of that part. 

If UND is going to go all in with the "Fighting Hawks, they could definitely implement a mascot, but I think you need to implement a strong logo from which the mascot can be based. I don't see any scenario where the current logo could be developed into a mascot. The concept are would be much better IF the school wants to move towards having a mascot.

15 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

So hold your thumb over that part . . . my point was that with a black outline and some black accents for added depth, it starts to make more sense as a sports logo instead of a "bank logo".

Not that it matters.

Totally get your point, and completely agree. 

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't buy the headdress business. They are feathers ... birds have feathers. It is incorporating school history into a new name and logo. 

Regardless, if you think it is an ugly logo, that is an argument that I can completely understand. It is kind of how I feel about the new logo. I think it would be fine as a secondary or alternative logo, but I would prefer something similar to the concept art. Not necessarily that exact one, but some variation of that.

I honestly didn't see the state outline incorporation, and I agree, this logo could get rid of that part. 

If UND is going to go all in with the "Fighting Hawks, they could definitely implement a mascot, but I think you need to implement a strong logo from which the mascot can be based. I don't see any scenario where the current logo could be developed into a mascot. The concept are would be much better IF the school wants to move towards having a mascot.

No bird had feathers that come from one spot at different angles like that. It's clearly a head dress. Feather are on birds but that is a bird with at the very least some type of feather ear ring.

35 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Not that it matters.

You're brutally simple hawk logo was one of my favorite mock ups. 

You know . . . i wouldn't mind seeing them go all "Pittsburgh Steelers" with this by just having the new Hawk logo on just one side (facing forward).

I always thought that, even though that logo itself isn't anything too exciting, just having it on one side was always kinda cool.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Better than the post office logo.

UND logo -UPS STYLE.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1