283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

30 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

He knows, as well as anyone who has followed UND hockey, that next seasons jerseys have been ordered.   He was speaking out against the jersey look AND logo. 

By the way, there is no guarantee that the logo doesn't end up on the front of our jerseys starting in 2017. That I cannot handle. 

This has to be the ugliest jersey/logo I've ever seen #HideTheLogo #Putitontheshoulder

Since you can't handle it will you stop going to games?  Find a new team to cheer for?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

But the gophers don't have a bad logo. The block M is an iconic logo and looks great on sports apparel.   The cartoon gopher isn't bad either, but you'd never put it on the front of a jersey. 

Agreed.  

Caveat: I never let myself say nice things about the the kids from goofy land:

--So let's get this straight... the goofers have a horrible name and logo. It survives on history and tradition but as a stand alone image it all sux, and had something like that been unveiled at UND yesterday, the pitchforks and torches would have been out instead of just hyperbolic opinions over the Internets! :D  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

The HOCKEY TEAM and their opinions on this nickname/logo issue is feeding opinions and resistance into EVERYONE else. 

Seriously............ 

That's not what I said.  I wasn't saying there would be no resistance if not for the hockey team.  What I'm saying is if the hockey team came out in support of moving forward, the resistance would die down much quicker.  Instead, certain individuals are feeding the flames.

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The hockey program is stuck up, fortunately they produce big time so they have a long, long rope. Nevertheless, limited humility by the hockey program. Last time I checked, the University of North Dakota is not in Canada (although many think it just as well could be) and hockey is not the be all and end all. You want to expand notoriety, you expand football and basketball; hockey is already maxed out and has no right to complain and b*tch.

What does that even mean?

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

That's not what I said.  I wasn't saying there would be no resistance if not for the hockey team.  What I'm saying is if the hockey team came out in support of moving forward, the resistance would die down much quicker.  Instead, certain individuals are feeding the flames.

Feeding flames by having their own opinions?

Keep going................now I'm hooked.

• Upvote 1

Stand by. Blasphemy to follow:

Some folks didn't like the Brien logo and wanted to stay geometric. < gasp! >

Some folks didn't like the geometric and wanted to stay Blackhawk. < gasp!> 

And on, and on, and on. 

Change is hard. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, homer said:

Since you can't handle it will you stop going to games?  Find a new team to cheer for?  

Obviously being facetious.   You have seen the logo and I assume you're a North Dakota hockey fan.  Would you like to see it on our chest? 

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Feeding flames by having their own opinions?

Keep going................now I'm hooked.

I think what's being argued is that they can have their opinions and state them in a way that is less divisive to the community, similar to what we've seen from Bubba, Prior, Brewster and a number of UND athletes yesterday. Kind of like when I was in the Army... I had all kinds of opinions about the President and the U.S. government, and even though I was not censored and knew my 1st Amendment rights, when in the presence of media, my comments were truthful but certainly not divisive to the nation nor the commander in chief. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They're rodents.  If UND's logo was a hawk with a chipmunk tail, beaver teeth, and eyebrows.... wearing a sweater.... and skipping.... this site would've crashed yesterday.

150px-GoldyGopher.png

Why didn't you submit this as a logo option?!!!!!!!!!!!!   Put that logo in a interlocking ND logo and we have a winner!

• Downvote 1

I'm no graphic artist, but I can tweak someone else's work. 

Here's what I could do using the wordmark as a starting point:

image.png

And if you've been paying attention, you've seen my avatar. 

Both could probably use some final cleanup (spacing, scaling, etc.) by a pro ... 

• Upvote 2

It's been the norm in this forum to rip on everything hockey, from the beginning of the nickname change.  Everyone I've run into around gf does not think much of the logo.  Time for everyone to let it go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Obviously being facetious.   You have seen the logo and I assume you're a North Dakota hockey fan.  Would you like to see it on our chest? 

No. I'd take the new wordmark on the jersey front (replacing the current boring font) and the new logo on the shoulders. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I think what's being argued is that they can have their opinions and state them in a way that is less divisive to the community, similar to what we've seen from Bubba, Prior, Brewster and a number of UND athletes yesterday. Kind of like when I was in the Army... I had all kinds of opinions about the President and the U.S. government, and even though I was not censored and knew my 1st Amendment rights, when in the presence of media, my comments were truthful but certainly not divisive to the nation nor the commander in chief. 

You mean like the faculty at UND did with the old nickname?

• Upvote 1