283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

SME is on the phone....they want to know if you have any other good ideas. :)

Yes:

Start over and select a new name that best meets the selection criteria, and include multiple logo mock-ups for each.  If adding "Fighting" to any or all of them helps, then do it.

Kick ROK in the 'nads - repeatedly.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

At the very, very, very least, the background should always be the geographical outline of North Dakota instead of just a rectangle.

The "background" is actually just the jersey color.  Clearly I'm bored today:

Black_Patch.png

Green_Patch.png

Grey_Patch.png

White_Patch.png

If the concern is that nobody outside of North Dakota would know the ND was an ND and stood for North Dakota, then I think an improperly shaped rectangle would also cause issues.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Obviously being facetious.   You have seen the logo and I assume you're a North Dakota hockey fan.  Would you like to see it on our chest? 

As it was introduced yesterday, no I don't think that will look great on a hockey jersey.  However I would deal with it if it was.   

The hockey jerseys with the Sioux logo were very nice, when that logo went away the jerseys were very nice.  I have no reason to believe with all the resources thrown at that program (and rightfully so) the new ones won't be very nice.  I even think they will look nothing like the artwork tweeted yesterday that has been reposted 100s of times.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

There are anti hockey folks, just like there are hockey only folks.  In my opinion there are more hockey only than there are anti hockey but they both do exist.

I bet a lot of those you claim are "anti-hockey" have season tickets at the REA and spend a lot more money watching hockey than the "hockey-only" crowd spends at the Alerus or Betty.

22 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

I know this thread is specific to the reaction and grading of the logo.  I would like to address it in a different way.  We see the numerous pages trashing the logo and some say just to move on and suck it up.  My question is, if this was the logo associated with "Fighting Hawks", would it have even survived to be in the final five?  I know how I graded it, and I used that criteria in doing so.

Some of the same people I have seen post on social media how they hate the logo were the same who voted for Hawks because "How About We Keep Sioux".  Sticking it to the man.  

I have yet to ever seen a non cartoonish or really cool tough looking animal mascot so I am not sure what people expected.   The only disappointment I have from yesterday is retiring the ND.   The rest should have been seen when the Hawks name won the vote.  

6 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/featured-columnists/4060835-mike-mcfeely-usual-und-nickname-reaction-takes-sad-path

This entire column is wrong, uninformed, not true, baseless and shouldn't have been written.  

Sincerely,

Siouxsports.com members

McFeelings always takes his shots against us whenever he has the chance.

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

McFeely is a clown and a terrible writer.

Also, he has one of those faces you wanna punch every time you see it.

I am trying to argue with you about this........yah but he.......well you need to understand that......nope he is a dipsh*t.   ;)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And you would know low-grade ... 

So how would you feel about this as a logo

That wouldn't work at all.  However, it does symbolize the logo development process pretty well.

Somewhere, someday, a visionary school will adopt the snowy white and vivid black of the ermine, and they will hoist a national championship trophy as a result.  Ermines are nature's greatest combination of adorable and fearsome.

10 minutes ago, homer said:

Some of the same people I have seen post on social media how they hate the logo were the same who voted for Hawks because "How About We Keep Sioux".  Sticking it to the man.  

... The rest should have been seen when the Hawks name won the vote.  

Yup. Like Ed said, "amateurs". 

• Upvote 2