SiouxSports.com Forum

Best 4 Year Player Ever

Cratter

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'll have what Cratter's having...Love Cags but you're just playing, right? :)

.Schmaltz, Johnson, Gregiore, Matt Frattin, etc  sniff the NHL regularly?

When is the last UND player to play a full regular schedule in the NHL? How many years has it been?

More importantly what is the percentage of that vs UNDs overall players.....5% or less?

Greatest UND player....

Not greatest "might be NHL player".,.

Brock easily has that title.....might end up better than Parise and/or Toews...those two are the only two that have any chance of being as good as him.

Teams win Natty's!

Cagguila is the real leader of this Natty Team....regardless of what the front of the (A vs C...Don't forget the C of this team first wanted to play for Denver.) Jerseys say!

No one has been more dominate in a Frozen Four for UND in over 30 years! 

When you do what Drake did in the Frozen Four...you will go down as a legend at UND no doubt!

(sadly that's easy to beat not even playing in the title game for the last decade! #butparity)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's cool to watch?...Who was it? Brock?....no matter it might be an ENG.....he still chased it down and would have beat the DU player!

3-2 and they are still out hustling! (Brock is one of the brightest hockey minds to play at UND!)

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'll have what Cratter's having...Love Cags but you're just playing, right? :)

You let me know who you think is the "greatest UND player in thirty years" and I'll show you why you're wrong.

Did Parise outscore Toews, Frattin, Duncan, Oshie in a single year (WCHA was a lot easier to score points than the current NCHC: mainly because the Gophers and Badgers were in the conference)...yeah I don't remember either without looking it up because there is only one thing that matter @UND......#Nattys or is it #butNHL

(National Championship teams naturally count for about 95% of "UND greatness" in case you were wondering...in case you need a reminder watch the first few minutes of this.)

..........I'm willing to watch the UND highlight videos of previous players............?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

.Schmaltz, Johnson, Gregiore, Matt Frattin, etc  sniff the NHL regularly?

When is the last UND player to play a full regular schedule in the NHL? How many years has it been?

More importantly what is the percentage of that vs UNDs overall players.....5% or less?

Greatest UND player....

Not greatest "might be NHL player".,.

Brock easily has that title.....might end up better than Parise and/or Toews...those two are the only two that have any chance of being as good as him.

parise, toews, nelson, oshie, chorney, Malone played a bunch of games other than being injured. I must be missing some too.

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

You let me know who you think is the "greatest UND player in thirty years" and I'll show you why you're wrong.

Jeff Panzer.

Drake Caggiula is one of the most exciting college players I've seen, simply an electric player.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Did Parise outscore Toews, Frattin, Duncan, Oshie in a single year (WCHA was a lot easier to score points than the current NCHC: mainly because the Gophers and Badgers were in the conference)...yeah I don't remember either without looking it up because there is only one thing that matter @UND......#Nattys or is it #butNHL

(National Championship teams naturally count for about 95% of "UND greatness" in case you were wondering...in case you need a reminder watch the first few minutes of this.)

..........I'm willing to watch the UND highlight videos of previous players............?

I'm with Cratter on Cags and Boeser being top Sioux studs, even though I'm not sure what you are arguing about, or what/who you are arguing for? 

One thing I have to add though, Cam Johnson didn't get credit throughout the year and still isn't getting the credit he deserves for this season! If he wasn't the best player on the ice during the last four games, he sure was the next best, IMO.

And Cam is coming back!

#9!

15 hours ago, Cratter said:

Wow, this video gave me goose bumps. Hard to say he isn't one of the all-time greats at North Dakota!

For the cynics in Edmonton already questioning Caggiula's skill and toughness, they aughta first do their homework as well as give him the chance to prove himself. Not fair to impugn him or the college hockey game, for that matter, simply because Justin Schultz didn't work out in Edmonton (see fan comments in attached article). To call Caggiula soft is simply a sign of one Oilers fan's ignorance. 

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/oilers-appear-to-have-landed-highly-touted-college-prospect

One of my favorite memories of Caggiula is his OT winner in Colorado Springs his freshmen season. I posted this once before but it's so worth repeating. He absolutely buried the shot just under the bar, the CC goalie didn't even see it. Just one of several examples of this guy's knack for finding the back of the net. I admire the fact that he not only scores skill goals but also he isn't a prima Dona-he goes hard to the net, finishes his checks, and back checks like a mo fo. Thanks for so many great memories and special moments, Mr. Caggiula! 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Wow, this video gave me goose bumps. Hard to say he isn't one of the all-time greats at North Dakota!

For the cynics in Edmonton already questioning Caggiula's skill and toughness, they aughta first do their homework as well as give him the chance to prove himself. Not fair to impugn him or the college hockey game, for that matter, simply because Justin Schultz didn't work out in Edmonton (see fan comments in attached article). To call Caggiula soft is simply a sign of one Oilers fan's ignorance. 

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/oilers-appear-to-have-landed-highly-touted-college-prospect

One of my favorite memories of Caggiula is his OT winner in Colorado Springs his freshmen season. I posted this once before but it's so worth repeating. He absolutely buried the shot just under the bar, the CC goalie didn't even see it. Just one of several examples of this guy's knack for finding the back of the net. I admire the fact that he not only scores skill goals but also he isn't a prima Dona-he goes hard to the net, finishes his checks, and back checks like a mo fo. Thanks for so many great memories and special moments, Mr. Caggiula! 

Yeah, considering Edmonton has had #1 overall draft picks for how many years and spent them on Major Junior players, I hardly think they can pin their problems on "soft" college players.  Fans like that don't deserve Caggiula. Edmonton isn't the elite team they used to be, and maybe they can use some more players that know how to win and know what that culture looks like.

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, Fetch said:

5 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Greg Johnson.  Not even close.

Troy Murray was damn good at UND but I'm thinking he was just a few years outside the 30 year window (early-mid 80s?). 

2 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Troy Murray was damn good at UND but I'm thinking he was just a few years outside the 30 year window (early-mid 80s?). 

As well as Mark Taylor, Phil Sykes, James Patrick, and THE Jim Archibald...Let's not forget about that Hrkac guy; he was pretty good too....

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

As well as Mark Taylor, Phil Sykes, James Patrick, and THE Jim Archibald...Let's not forget about that Hrkac guy; he was pretty good too....

And Doug Smail, Bob Joyce, James Patrick

On 5/7/2016 at 3:34 AM, Cratter said:

OK, ... 46-70-116.
Completed the season "grand slam": conference regular season title, conference tourney title, Hobey, NCAA title.

1987 is less than 30 years ago. ;)

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Greg Johnson.  Not even close.

I always loved watching Neil Eisenhut as well.  I'd have put him in the Greg Johnson category, he was so good...and then he blew out his knee in the SE corner by the Zamboni door....ugh...

12 hours ago, burd said:

Great memories, ira.   Bob Lewis was a good man and a fine professor, and Tweeton was delightful.  I cannot remember the name of the silver haired, slightly nutty, but brilliant philosophy professor who had a constant smile on his face. 

Ring?

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

So could we say Caggiula might very well be the best 4-year player ever at UND?

Panzer played four years also.

Two guys who brought UND to the "top of the college hockey world"

....with more heart and desire that pure talent and skill (relatively speaking of course).