SiouxSports.com Forum

Best 4 Year Player Ever

Cratter

2 hours ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I agree Eidsness was not the best, pretty sure he gave up a short handed hat trick to a Mankato player. I was giving the best "4 year" player for each position, since 2005 when I started watching. I think only Eidsness and JP Lamoureux were starters that stayed  the full 4 years. 

So it was a toss between the two and you chose Eidsness? How did you come to that conclusion?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Curtis Murphy 

2 time all America

Wcha player of the year 

Has a ring

Came in with coach Blais in 94 and helped usher in the Renaissance that has given us this prolonged era of success in UND hockey.

A great defender while also ranking second in program history for goals by a blueliner.

A Renaissance a lot of people have forgotten over time. We didn't always have a palace for our home games, every home game televised or first round NHL draft prospects drooling over our program year after year. 1994 was a critical tipping point in the history of this program and Curtis Murphy was one of the players that helped Blais turn the program around.

I believe Murphy was one of Gino's recruits who committed before the coaching change and stuck around. I am very glad he did.

34 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

BC killing us 6-1 in the Frozen 4. 

And that somehow makes Eids better than Lammy? No. Lamoureux was a Hobey Hat trick finalist, buddy. How many Frozen Four games did Eids start? Yeah, that'd be zero.

31 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And that somehow makes Eids better than Lammy? No. Lamoureux was a Hobey Hat trick finalist, buddy. How many Frozen Four games did Eids start? Yeah, that'd be zero.

True. But I wouldn't say either one was an amazing goalie. Just thought Eidsness was marginally better. 

5 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Don't get me wrong.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching Drake play at UND.  But I'm not sure he's even in my top 5 all-time UND players who stuck around four years.

Yes, he won a championship.  But so did guys like Taylor, Sykes, and Panzer, just to list a couple.

I would take Mark Taylor, Greg Johnson, Phil Sykes, Dixon Ward and Jeff Panzer over Drake.  That's no disrespect to him.  Those were some great players.

Greg Johnson was a three time Hobey finalist.  Think about that.  Phil Sykes was named one of the fifty greatest NCAA tournament players of all time.  Taylor, Johnson, Ward and the rest put up numbers that dwarfed Drake's numbers.  Drake scored 16 points and 24 points his first two seasons.  Johnson more than tripled that in each of his first two season.   Go ahead and try to name three players from Johnson's teams (that haven't coached at UND in the past two years) without looking at a media guide.

Drake was fun to watch.  I wish him well in his pro career.  But we need to be realistic here.

Agree with everything here.  Honest question:  If Denver finishes the comeback on its late PP, does this thread even exist?

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

True. But I wouldn't say either one was an amazing goalie. Just thought Eidsness was marginally better. 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=101554

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=67651

Compare the stats. It just isn't close at all. Eidsness was the worst starting goalie UND had in a long time.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jk said:

Agree with everything here.  Honest question:  If Denver finishes the comeback on its late PP, does this thread even exist?

The question isn't if this thread would exist, would this forum still exist after the implosion!