SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Olympic curling is where the real actions at.

One of the mens alternate players went to UND according to his profile:

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-curling/athletes/2/Joe-Polo

The curling team are pretty good guys and are from MN/ WI. Pretty cool that the olympians can come from local rinks. I heard ND used to have more towns with curling rinks.

I honestly did not see shuster turning his team around after the Sochi disaster,but they have been performing at worlds ever since.

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Olympic curling is where the real actions at.

One of the mens alternate players went to UND according to his profile:

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-curling/athletes/2/Joe-Polo

Here's all the Olympic connections listed by UND:

• Philip K. Johnson, team doctor, USA Hockey
  • Jason Switzer, athletic trainer, U.S. Ski and Snowboarding Team
  • Joe Polo, athlete, USA Curling
  • Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson, athlete, USA Hockey
  • Monique Lamoureux-Morando, athlete, USA Hockey
  • Andy Parr, production engineer, NBC Sports
  • Ludvig Hoff, athlete, Norway Men’s Hockey
  • Chay Genoway , athlete, Hockey Canada
  • Michelle Karvinen, athlete, Finland Women’s Hockey
  • Emma Nuutinen, athlete, Finland Women’s Hockey
  • Susana Tapani, Finland Women’s Hockey
  • Johanna Fallman, Sweden Women’s Hockey
  • Upvote 1

The more I think about it the more self-promoting and basically selfish that penalty shot attempt was by Lamoreaux. Is going between your legs and then flipping backhand really the best option in a game like that?  There are probably 8-10 moves that are higher percentage options.  

She did that to try and make Sportscenter and go Twitter viral.  Instead they lost 2-1.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The more I think about it the more self-promoting and basically selfish that penalty shot attempt was by Lamoreaux. Is going between your legs and then flipping backhand really the best option in a game like that?  There are probably 8-10 moves that are higher percentage options.  

She did that to try and make Sportscenter and go Twitter viral.  Instead they lost 2-1.

Was not an ideal move:

But the explanation might be worse. That move might work against half of the 8 teams in the tournament but Canada is definitely not one of them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Was not an ideal move:

But the explanation might be worse. That move might work against half of the 8 teams in the tournament but Canada is definitely not one of them.

I like how three comments were like she scored, while one just called a spade a spade and said it was a bull$%!# move.

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Was not an ideal move:

In the Olympics, against Canada, down two goals, is probably not the best time to pull out that move.  Granted if she made it, we would be seeing it everywhere.  But that is just a low percentage shot that is not going to work against a goalie as good as Canada has.

43 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I thought the exact same thing watching it. 

.....and to admit you saw that move on YouTube?  Really..............................................Really?

47 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The goalie read Jocelyn’s move the whole way. I’ll agree that if she scored the UND should have/kept/bring back crowd would use that as a rallying cry as why UND needs a women’s hockey team.

I could actually see the goaltender thinking she was going to shoot it behind her leg, so had that been the case it might have worked better.  As it was, it was a pretty nice blocker save by the goaltender.  It definitely wasn't the highest percentage shot, but for her sake it was just lucky it didn't dribble off the end of her stick and not get a shot at all.   After all the coverage her breakaway goal in the first game got, I would have thought she would have used that fake and went a different way.   She certainly wasn't shy about doing the spin orama move when she had shootouts at UND, so maybe she liked the attention she got while trying those trick moves here. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

No.
That's the move you make when you know your "A game" isn't better than what you're up against. 

When you know you're not better you go with the 'trickeration'. 
When you know your "A game" is better ... well ... you go with it

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No.
That's the move you make when you know your "A game" isn't better than what you're up against. 

When you know you're not better you go with the 'trickeration'. 
When you know your "A game" is better ... well ... you go with it

Not really.  It was trying to be cool for the audience.  

--Lacasse deflected Lamoureux-Davidson's penalty-shot attempt.

"I just kept my eye on the puck," said Lacasse. "(She) pulled it through her legs, tried to do something fancy and I just watched it and pushed over and made the save. I didn't wink. I just looked at her."

50 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Not really.  It was trying to be cool for the audience.  

--Lacasse deflected Lamoureux-Davidson's penalty-shot attempt.

"I just kept my eye on the puck," said Lacasse. "(She) pulled it through her legs, tried to do something fancy and I just watched it and pushed over and made the save. I didn't wink. I just looked at her."

Well, she winked at someone, not sure I blame her either.